Chapter 3 ~ An Old Mission

I let out a heavy sigh as I look across the way at the Triskelion. It had been years since the last time I was here, and that time I was shot in the stomach. I unconsciously reach up and touch the place where I had been shot. His face enters my mind but I quickly shake the memory away. He was the last thing I needed to think about at the moment. Pulling out my cell phone I dial Nat's number. After three rings she picks up, "What's up?"

"Where are you I need to talk to you?"

"I'm at home, why what's up?"

"Lines not secure, I'll meet you at your apartment."

"Okay be careful."

"Will do." I say as I hang up the phone and pulling on my helmet head toward her apartment. I make sure to take all the back roads and hide my face from all the CCTV cameras. When I make it to her apartment building I park my bike in an alley beside it before I climb the fire escape to her apartment. Reaching it I gently tap once then wait a second before tapping three more times. I let out a sigh of relief when she walks over and opens the window.

"Hey what took you so long?" She asks as a smirk covers her lips.

"Traffic, stupid drivers, you know the norm." I say making her chuckle as I climb through the window to which she closes instantly and releases the blinds.

"So what did you need to tell me?"

"I got a tip that someone is going to take Fury out."

"What?!" She exclaims as he eyes widen. "Why didn't you tell Fury?"

"You know they are watching him like a hawk, if I had even tried to make contact they would have found me."

"And you're saying that they're not watching me?"

"You know what I mean, Fury's always at the Triskelion and I can't go there."

"I know, but still. You're a Black Widow; you can sneak in without being seen."

"And the Elevator? How was I supposed to go up without it reading my face?" I say as I lift my hand and circle my face.

"Fine, so who's your source?" She asks letting out a heavy sigh.

"Crowley,"

"The king of hell? Your brother and him are getting pretty close here lately aren't they."

"Meh he's not that bad, a little rough around the edges but overall harmless." I say as I plop down on her couch.

"Aw aren't you cute, are you gonna be besties with him?"

"I will shoot you."

"Yeah yeah," She says as she walks over to the chair opposite me and sitting down continues, "Look the only way this is gonna work is if you help me."

"Nat-"

"Just listen, Fury had me download all the Intel from the SHIELD vessel the Lemurian Star; he didn't tell me what was on it and I didn't look, maybe that's why they want him dead."

"I have no doubt that that's the reason. Maybe there was something on that file that they didn't want anyone to see."

"We have to warn Fury, and you have to come with me."

"Nat I can't, if they learn I'm here they'll send him to finish the job." I say causing her face to blanch.

"I still can't believe you and him-"

"Ah! Shut it! He's the last thing I need to think about."

"Come on (Name) quit being a pussy,"

"Did you just-"