Chapter 13 ~ Wrongly Accused

Reader's POV

I awoke the next morning with a pounding migraine and I had no idea why. I quickly uncuff my hands from the bed posts and rub my wrists before I grab my phone. I pinch the bridge of my nose in an attempt to alleviate the pain before I pull my hand away and check my phone. Missed call from Nat, followed by a few to the point texts from Sammy saying it was rogue angels, which only resulted in my head throbbing even more.

Pushing myself up I clench tightly to my phone and head toward Bucky's room. Migraine or not I wanted to check on him. As I make the walk down the hall I pause I happen to glance up to see his door wide open. I raise an eyebrow as I walk toward it and lookin in see that it's empty. I look to see that his bed hasn't been slept in but there was a note on the pillow. I reluctantly walk over and pick up the piece of paper.

I need some space, this is gonna sound really bad but it's not you it's me. Geez that sounds like crap but oh well, look (Name); you know I love you but I can't help but feel like there's something wrong with us. I know I said I'd stay but I can't; I need to figure things out so I'm going to see Steve. Be safe and don't do anything stupid okay? When I figure things out I'll come back.

James Barnes

I stare down at the piece of paper in my hands and grit my teeth as a sudden anger fills my body. I quickly crumple up the paper and toss it back onto the bed. I turn on my heel and instantly leave the room slamming the door behind me. My chest heaves up and down making my heart clench. He was gone. He really left.

That bastard.

Pulling my phone up in front of me I quickly dial Sammy's number and wait for him to answer.

"Yeah?"

"He's gone," is all I can muster out.

"Really?"

"Yeah, said he needed time and that there was something wrong with me and him."

"Look I'm sorry, I don't know what to say,"

"I need a job, anything; please."

"Well Castiel and I are following a lead in Colorado, head up to Dixon and keep an eye on Dean. he's been getting worse."

"Yeah, sure I'll be there in a few hours. Thanks Sammy,"

"No problem, are you okay."

"No, but I will be,"

"Okay if you need anything call me."

"Of course, be safe little brother."

"You too (Name)."

As I hang up the phone I let out a sigh as I say, "Right after I kill something, I'll feel much better."

After a quick shower and packing I threw my clothes into the back seat of Charlies little yellow bug and head out to Dixon. I quickly text Dean to let him know that I was on my way and I needed to talk to which he replied, 'Come on, I got a bottle of jack with your name on it.' I smile a at the text before pressing harder to the gas pedal.

When I arrive at the big building I look at it and raise an eyebrow.

Angel HQ, great let's hope they aren't as big of douchebags as all the others I've met.

As I walk through the door I am greeted by a dark haired woman with icy eyes wearing blue jeans and a blue blazer covering a white blouse. "I'm sorry can I help you?" She asks and I force a smile as I say, "Yeah, I'm looking for my brother Dean." Suddenlt the whole room goes silent making my heartbeat quicken.