Chapter 4 ~ Zola

Hours later Nat taps my shoulder and points to a man in a hoodie before she motions me to follow after her. "Bubble gum?" She asks as she offers me a piece of gum. I smirk as I take a piece and pop it into my mouth. We follow him back up to the vending machine. As he realize it's gone me and Natasha appear behind him chewing some gum. The man turns and I see that it is Steve Rogers himself. In an fit of anger Steve grabs Nat's shoulder's and pushes her into a room. I follow behind them closing the door so to avoid attention.

"Where is it?" He asks as he pulls the hood off.

"Safe." Nat says as she stares up at him.

"Do better!"

"Where did you get it?"

"Why would I tell you?"

"Fury gave it to you. Why?"

"What's on it?"

"I don't know."

"Stop lying!"

"I only act like I know everything, Rogers."

"I bet you knew Fury hired the pirates, didn't you?"

"Well, it makes sense. The ship was dirty, Fury needed a way in, so do you."

"I'm not gonna ask you again." He says his anger starting to get the better of him.

"I know who killed Fury." She says and I stare at her my eyes widen. "Most of the intelligence community doesn't believe he exists, the ones who do call him the Winter Soldier. He's credited with over two dozen assassinations in the last fifty years."

"So he's a ghost story." He replies and I roll my eyes. If only handsome, if only.

"Five years ago I was escorting a nuclear engineer out of Iran, somebody shot at my tires near Odessa. We lost control, went straight over a cliff, I pulled us out, but the Winter Soldier was there. I was covering my engineer, so he shot him straight through me." She says and I stare at her in shock. Five years ago that was around the time me and so called Winter Soldier had first me. She never told me he was the one who shot her. Nat pulls up her shirt to show him the bullet wound on the side of her stomach, "A Soviet slag, no rifling. Bye-bye bikinis."

"Yeah, I bet you look terrible in them now." He replies and I snort causing them both to glance at me with raised eyebrows.

"Going after him is a dead end. I know, I've tried. The closest I got was her," Nat says as she motions her chin toward me making him turn toward me.

"You know who he is?" He asks causing me to sigh.

"We have history,"

"What's his name?"

"I don't know hell he doesn't even know. They just call him the asset." Natasha holds up the flash drive and smirks as she says, "Like you said Steve, he's a ghost story."

Steve takes the flash drive from her as he says, "Well, let's find out what the ghost wants."

"I guess that means I'm coming along too right?" I ask causing them to turn toward me.

"Of course hot pants, this has as much to do with you as it does us." Nat says as she walks over to stand beside me.

"Why didn't you tell me he was the one that shot you?" I ask as my eyes turn sad.

"Just think, now me and you have even more in common."

"Nat," I say as I try to keep my emotions intact.

"Don't worry about it (Name), now come on we got a drive to decrypt." She says and I nod. The three of us sneak out of the hospital and out to the parking lot where Nat quickly steals a car. I sat in the back while she drove and Steve rode shotgun. After a few minutes Steve says, "So how do you two know each other?"