Chapter 22 - Wolfsbane

" And he simply let you go?"
" Yep."
" Just...that way? You can go, bye."
" Yep."
" But...why?"
Ruby shrugged, keeping stirring her tea. It was cold by now. Belle put a hand on hers, stopping the movement.
" Oh. Sorry. I don't know! But he said that I am his. That was creepy. And annoying. And... Ugh!" she cringed.
Belle frowned. Ruby watched her face, listening to herself. With relief she found out that she didn't want to bang her friend anymore. The wolf had finally focused on someone, apparently.
" Well, Rumple is coming here, maybe he knows what it means."
" I hope. If he doesn't, then who can?"
Belle gave her a reassuring smile, rubbing her hand. " My books!" she exclaimed. " If he knows nothing about it, I'll make some researches. I have a full library to go over with a fine toothcomb!" she enthusiastically said, sipping then from her cup.
Ruby snorted shaking her head. " Only you can be so exited to make researches."
" I bet that even Rapunzel would be. Oh, wait, you could ask her too! You said that she understood that you... Well, that there are other werewolves in Storybrooke, and that she knows how to deal with you, so maybe she's well informed. Perhaps she knows what to do."
" Mh, maybe. I'll try..." The door suddenly opened, and three step sounds came to Ruby's ears. She turned and watched Rumplestiltskin walk by, politely greeting Granny on the way to their table.
" Miss Lucas, glad to see you again." he said to Red, smiling while putting his attention on Belle, who had stood up and leaned a hand on his chest. They quickly kissed, and then both of them sat down.
Ruby smiled to the man. " Hi. Do you know anything about Steven?"
Rumplestiltskin gave a little chuckle. " Straight to the point, Miss Lucas, I appreciate it! No useless and insincere preambles."
Ruby smirked, and he sneered at her before continuing. " Good then. Steven is the elder of the three brothers. He's the leader of the pack, not because of his age, but because of his strength. Many times the brothers have fought for the leadership, and he has always won. He's a dominant, vindictive bastard."
" Rumple!" Belle cheerfully slapped his arm, and he softly laughed at the thing.
" What? He is."
" So should I be worried that he said that I'm "his"?" Ruby asked, unable to hide the worrying on her face. If Steven was really that strong, she had no chances to defeat him in a fight. She was totally out of practice with fighting, especially in a wolf's form. Plus, she wasn't that dominant. She never wished for power.
Rumplestiltskin locked gaze with her, a serious expression to harden his features.
" In which context did he said it?"
" I... I was in the woods, and he appeared out of nowhere saying " female, you smell like you wanna fuck me, you're mine, ask your wolf if you don't believe me"... Dammit, I said it loud. Sorry."
Rumple held a smile. " No problem. I see it must be irritating to feel defenseless." A glimpse of something dark passed through his eyes. Belle crossed her fingers with his on the table, and anything dark on his face immediately faded away.
" I'm not defenseless!" Red grumbled.
The Dark One widely smiled. " Indeed, yet I bet you felt that way with Steven."
Ruby swallowed hard and nodded glancing down. " I think I hate him."
Rumple bursted into laughter. " I think you're just angry for him having shown you your weakness. Anybody would be it."
Red sighed, clenching her teeth. He was damn right, and she hated it. When she locked again gaze with him, a sympathetic smile was curving the Dark One's lips. " So, what do you think? Am I "his"?" she asked showing all of her rage. Rumplestiltskin sneered.
" You know, dearie, the Three Little Pigs use to play a game when a "female" is around: they wait until she's alone, kidnap her, and then they release her in the forest to hunt her. The first one who finds her owns her, and he has to protect her from his brothers until he convinces her to... accomplish his will. In the meantime, the other two can do anything to impede it from happening. Even kill the girl. So, dearie, after all, you shouldn't worry for being Steven's, and yet, yes, you should even be quite terrorized."
Ruby was speechless. It wasn't possible. It couldn't be real. Were they actually playing with her, with her life? How could they be so pervert?
" ... can we do? There must be something we can do to help her!" Belle was almost crying, grabbing Rumplestiltskin's right arm as a child. He glanced at her, but his attention was on the werewolf.
" I made a deal with them, once. I can never hurt them or help someone to do it. It was their only request, the smartest one someone has ever asked me. I must admit that Finnegan is quite genial in his own way."
" What... what happens to the girl who accomplishes his will?" Red could barely ask, feeling her eyes filled with tears. She saw no escape, she felt lost. Three strong, male, big werewolves against her, a waitress. She was dead.
" I don't know, dearie, I'm sorry. But you could ask him. He won't hurt you from now on, you can be sure. Robert and Finnegan are the ones that you must fear. If you see them, I suggest you to run away as fast as you can."
" And if I never do it? What happens then?"
Rumplestilskin gave her a deadly look. " On the next full moon you'll be their dinner."