Chapter 33 - Something horrible

Regina Mills pushed the door with the tips of her fingers behind her back, listening to the light "click" when it closed with an unexpected sense of freedom. The mansion was lighted by the relaxing light of the sunset, and its quiet filled the air.
The woman lifted a bent leg to take off her heels, leaning with a hand against the wall not to fall. Ten inch heels. It wasn't easy to keep the balance on just one foot.
The sound of the expensive shoes dropped on the floor inflated the sense of relief that taking them off caused to her feet. A loud sigh of mild pleasure escaped from her lungs.
She tilted her head to move the hair from her face while she walked into the living room.
" Shaya?" she called her out, although no answer came from the empty room. Frowned, the brunette took a look around. She had to be home, where she had left her when she went imprisoning the imp. A shrug moved her shoulders. Maybe she was upstairs, and she didn't hear her.
Regina went back in the hall, picked up her shoes and only then started climbing the staircase.
She felt tired, exhausted. She knew that she needed only to lay on the bed and relax for a while, clear her mind, stop thinking. They would go back to the Enchanted Forest. She would live again in the castle that had been her prison for so long. Yes, this time there would be Shaya with her... There should be Shaya, she thought entering her bedroom and finding it empty. Worry and anger mixed in her chest in equal measure. Why did she had to act that way? Was it possible that every time that she left her alone for more than a hour she had to disappear?
The Queen dropped the shoes and plopped down on the bed.
That damn ceiling. White. The castle's was dark. She would miss her white ceiling. That house, every detail of it, was a part of her. She had created it, that town, Storybrooke. It had to be her future. Forever. And now they were taking it away from her.
Regina leaned a hand on her chest, over her heart. The strong beats under her skin kept her calm. She still had Henry. He would be happy in the Enchanted Forest, he would love that place. And, maybe, he would teach her to love it again.
She turned her head, gazing upside at the window. Behind the white curtains, the deep blue of the upper sky was mixing with a dark orange that lighted the horizon, behind the clock tower. A little smile curved her lips. She loved the sunset. It was so quick, and yet it all looked just so quiet, like if the whole world was silently watching the colors change, in awe, just like her.
She blinked, and a white rectangle caught her attention. She lifted her chest and stretched to reach the folded paper on her night table.
Huffing for the effort, she laid back down on the bed, opening the paper over her eyes.
Shaya's elegant handwriting covered the middle of the leaf. " Wait for me. S.".
Regina smiled, feeling stupid. Shaya was probably around, looking for a giant bouquet of the most beautiful flowers for her. The leaf fell over her heart, her hands upon it.
The door clicked open. Regina's smile grew wider. She must had found Game of Thorns.
Shaya closed the door, then her almost silent steps resounded, each one closer. Her silent way of walking was always a mystery to Regina. She had to be twice as heavy as she was, and she made half of the rumor when she walked.
The brunette turned her head as the steps stopped. What she saw left her completely astonished.
Open-mouthed, she lifted and laid her weight on her elbow to look at the stranger standing on the door: a black, skin-tight, elegant dress followed Shaya's every curve, leaving her mouth dry. It had a weird style, asymmetrical: a long slit let her left leg almost entirely bare, and the black fabric ran oblique over her right leg to end in a point at its side. The heels made her legs look infinite, her bare arms were just too sexy with their solidity, the muscles visible only when she bent them, yet always there to give them volume. A complicated tress, made of an impossible number of little tresses, kept part of her hair around her head, like some sort of a crown, with two short locks down to corner her face. There was no trace of makeup on her face, and Regina found herself happy with it. Nothing could make her more beautiful than her little, amused smirk.
" I can tell you like what you see, my Queen." she said with the smile in her voice. She was leaning with a shoulder against the corner of the door, her hands behind her back.
" Oh, I... I..." for the first time in her new life in Storybrooke, Regina found herself speechless.
Shaya gave her a sympathetic smile. " Don't worry, honey, words aren't necessary with me." she murmured, moving form the door and slowly walking towards her. Making just a light rumor. How the hell could she walk in heels that way?!
Before she reached the bed, her right hand moved, showing a single, little yet amazing flower. Its many petals were tapered and curled up, like claws ready to clench what they were holding. The deep blue, almost purple of them was now and then speckled with lighter tones of color, almost white, giving the flower the illusive appearance of some sort of tropical sea animal, wonderful but poisonous. It didn't even look like a plant of that world. It looked magic.
" Shaya it... It's beautiful!" Regina exclaimed, taking in to examine it closely. " What is this?"
" A rampion." she answered with a smile showing in her tone. Regina gazed up at her.
" I had never seen one!"
Shaya's chuckle caressed her soul. " Of course you didn't. It doesn't grow here, nor in your kingdom in the Enchanted Forest. Unless you haven't payed visit to my motherland without me to notice it, you can't have seen one of these before."
" And how on earth have you found one here?"
The warrior sneered. " I didn't. I just asked Rumple to turn a rose into a rampion."
Regina cocked and eyebrow, skeptic. " And he simply did it?"
" Of course not! " she laughed. " But his request wasn't something I couldn't afford, so don't worry. "
" I always worry when it's about Rumplestiltskin."
" Well don't, this time. There's no need, really."
Shaya's honest smile convinced her. He looked to be really a friend to her, somehow. Maybe she could relax, for once.
" Okay. Are you gonna tell me why are you all dressed up then?" she asked, letting her gaze slide all over her figure. Her waist was so thin that, if she hadn't had that skinny dress to reveal the contrary, she'd think that she was wearing a corset.
A bit of embarrass pinched Shaya's lips, tinting her cheeks with slight red. " Well, as you went out with Mitchell and David, I asked Red if she could help me out with you. I mean, my manners are a hundred years old, and, as you said, this is the future. I asked her what was considered romantic in this world, and she suggested me a dinner by candle light." The warrior paused. She turned her hand, an invite to take it. The left arm was bent behind her back.
Regina grabbed her hand, letting her help her to stand up.
" Then I asked her how should a lady dress in this world for such an occasion, and we went... uh... how did she called it? Oh, right, "shopping". She said that we've been "super-duper fast". Actually I just bought the only black dress in the store. "
Regina stifled a laughter, amused. " Why black?"
She winked, smiling. " I like black. Nevertheless, I know you're tired, don't try to deny it now, and I really don't want to see anybody else but you tonight, so I though we could just pretend that we're in a restaurant, if that's the right word, and stay home instead, and I cooked something. We'll get out another day. It's all on the table already. "
Regina, surprised, and confused, frowned. " How can it be already in the table?! You got in and you came upstairs, you can't possibly..."
" Have you ever met Merlin, my love?" Shaya asked with a smart light in her eyes.
The brunette slowly shook her head. " No."
" Well, he's the laziest wizard you'll ever meet. He makes the objects do everything, he moves his hands only to cast spells. And he freaks out if you try to do something with your own hands when you're with him! He used to tell me: " Shapunzel- he always confuses the names- you have the gift of magic, why on earth won't you use it!? Ah, for Archimedes' beard! One can do everything without a single drop of sweat, and look, look, look at that stupid, useless, heavy piece of steel!"" Shaya bursted out into laughter, and Regina did, too: her imitation of the supposed old man had been simply hilarious. " He never cared about the price of magic. And so I learned how to make things move and do complex things, like how to set a table without breaking the crystal glasses, without wasting time I can spend with you." she shrugged, still half-laughing.
Regina shook her head. " I love your efficiency."
Her little smile made her eyes glitter, a light she'd never stop watching.
" Glad to hear it. I was afraid it could be annoying. However, I didn't actually answered to your question."
Surprised, Regina raised her brows. " Didn't you?"
" Nope. I'm dressed up because I wanted you to see even this part of me, not only the bad one. You know I'm a princess, but I never really showed you. You only saw the warrior. This is the woman. "
Regina frowned, reaching for her arm. " Shaya, your clothes don't make who you are..."
" I know, but they change my appearance. You're always elegant, Regina. I was beginning to feel like a mendicant with August's loose clothes! "
" I like how that shirt suits you!"
" Don't you like this dress better?"
A smile forced Regina to admit that she was right. But just partly. " That dress is beautiful and it's perfect for you, but, really, Shaya? Is this you? Would you wear it if I didn't like that kind of garments?"
The blonde shrugged. " Probably, to go to a feast. I do like this dress. "
" And to dine, home, with your girlfriend?"
" I didn't wear this for the dinner, honey. It was only to show you a part of me you didn't know."
Regina smiled sympathetically. " Shaya! " She went closer to her, wrapping her hands around her waist, gazing up at her eyes. " The first time I saw you, the first thing I noticed was that you were a girl. Not a warrior, okay? I've seen a damn girl enter my throne room, and only then I realized that she was wearing an old armor..." she laughed, making Shaya smile.
" Alright, but still you had never seen me wearing a dress."
" That's true, and I highly appreciate your choice, trust me."
Shaya arched an eyebrow. " But?"
Regina sighed. " But I'm feeling guilty. You're doing it for me and... and..."
Shaya's eyes darkened with sadness. She cupped her face in her hand, caressing her cheek with the thumb.
" You deserve it, Regina. You deserve everything I'll ever do for you, and much, so much more... " she said, swallowing her in her eyes. If there had been a slight possibility for Regina not to move, it had just disappeared together with her self-control. She launched herself against Shaya, pressing her mouth on hers, uselessly trying to keep the thunder of feelings caged between their tongues. The woman faltered back under the impact, but her strong legs held them there, and her arms welcomed Regina's body between them. Regina suffocated her vulnerability under the burning passion of her kiss, enjoying the desperate way in which Shaya's teeth found her lips, her tongue reached for hers, her breath tangled with her own.
Regina moved her hands and slowly caressed her breasts, up to down, then up again, cupping them, chocking the warrior's moans with her tongue. Her nipples were standing under the fabric, sensitive.
" Reg..."
" Shush..." she whispered, suddenly stepping to her right to make her turn, then pushing her as to make her fall on the bed. The Queen sat on the warrior and, before she could say a word, she pressed her forefinger against her lips and pushed down, virtually forcing her to lie on the sheets. " You'll talk again when you won't be able to do otherwise. "
Shaya swallowed, then weakly nodded. Her breaths were quick, her cheeks red, her pupils dilated.
Regina slid her finger over her lips, over her chin and throat, between her breasts, over her chest and belly, feeling her muscles contract, her skin quiver between them and the black dress. She turned her hand, pointing the fingers towards herself, and slid over, touching her through the smooth fabric, making her open her mouth and crunch the sheets in her fists. She wanted to see her come, to hear her come. She needed to give her something, for once, to make her feel as good as she did with her everyday, and even only because she deserved it.
She watched her bit her lower lip, probably not to talk, as she had ordered her. Regina smiled, amused. She wanted her to forget about her desires, now. Shaya's pleasure was the only thing that had to fill Shaya's mind, now.
Regina bent forward, rubbing Shaya's arms with her palms, moving them and making them slide till over Shaya's head, and holding them there by her wrists. She then kissed her, making her close her glassy eyes, feeling her burning breath against her face, smiling in the kiss. She was pretty sure that, if she asked her, Shaya would come instantly. She had barely touched her, and the fabric had already dampened with her wetness. She was already on the edge.
The Queen was tempted to say it. She distanced her lips for the warrior's, locking gaze with her. Oh, she looked so ready, so demanding for it. But she wouldn't speak, not yet. It wasn't enough. Oh, yes, Regina could simply lean forward, lick, bite that neck and then the lobe, purr it, that " come for me", and the orgasm would be right under her eyes and body, intense, desired, only for her. But it would be for her. And that wasn't her purpose.
The brunette leaned forwards and, yes, licked, bit those neck and lobe, listened to the quick breaths, the suffocated moans, pinning the strong arms against the soft sheets. But she needed her hands. A quick thought, a sparkle of magic, and, even if she wanted it, Shaya couldn't move her hands, not even if she tried with all her strength.
A devilish smile crossed the queen's face. Shaya's jaw was clenched. Obstinate girl!
Regina delicately rubbed her fingers over her body, tickling her nipples under the dress, stifling a laughter at her muffled scream. She wouldn't resist for long. Not seen what she was about to do.
Regina moved and slid between her legs, kneeling on the floor, suddenly spreading them then, stealing her a loud moan. The dress uncovered her, following its weight. Shaya closed her eyes, stopping watching her, dropping her head on the bed as if she was exhausted. Regina made her tongue click repeatedly.
" Oh, no, dear, I'm afraid you'll have to watch..."
Shaya didn't open her eyes, she squeezed them.
" Regina, please..." she pleaded her, making her grin. Here you are, she thought.
The Queen moved forward, making her tense, watching her shake. With a sudden movement, she ripped her black lace panties, startling her. She then got closer to her sex, talking on her, breathing on her, breathing her.
" I won't begin if you don't look, dear."
Shaya emitted an exasperated moan, arching her back as Regina's breath met her wetness.
" Regina, honey, I can't... Please..."
The brunette gazed up at her. As her eyes laid on the pillow, it lifted, flying to Shaya.
" Up your head." Regina ordered and the warrior, after a trembling sigh, obeyed. The pillow moved under her nape, and, although frowned, the blonde relaxed laying her head on it.
" Open your eyes, my love." Regina murmured, as sweet as the sentiment that was warming up her heart and soul.
Shaya opened wide her eyes at that calling. She stared at her, her mouth slightly open, without breathing.
Regina kissed her inner thigh without taking her eyes off of hers, slowly moving towards her core, each kiss closer, each breath hotter.
" Hold on." she whispered right before pressing her lips against her labia, her tongue that darted inside her. And, finally, Shaya couldn't obey. Regina didn't move, grabbing to Shaya's legs to stay there and go on licking her as the orgasm shook her body and made her scream, and tears slid all over her face. And it was just the first one. She went on licking, moving on her clitoris, then back around and in her vulva, letting the multiple orgasms take every inch of Shaya's strength until she surrendered, breathless, voiceless, pleading her to stop.
Regina chuckled, satisfied, although certainly not as much as Shaya. She was so aroused now, but she had just wore her out, she couldn't ask Shaya to do something now. It was evident that she could barely keep her eyes open in that moment.
Smiling, the brunette laid next to the blonde, gazing with pride at her shocked face as she dried hers. She freed her from her invisible laces.
" R-Regina..."
" It's about the... Mpf, I lost the count of the times you said, sorry, screamed my name tonight." she said with an amused smirk, watching the warrior from above as she leaned her cheek on her palm.
Shaya gave her a sleepy smile. " I told you. Hope you like how your name sounds when screamed in pleasure. "
The Queen stifled a low laughter. " Oh, yes, I absolutely love it!"
Shaya laughed softly and moved, grabbing her from her waist and lifting her, startling her.
" Shaya!" Regina squeaked, finding herself sitting on her chest. Her skirt had lifted, showing her dark red panties. The warrior's arms somehow sneaked between her legs, and her hands grabbed her buttocks.
A lusty grin crossed her face.
" You don't mind if I take a little revenge..." she murmured, ripping then her panties with a twitch of her right hand. " Right?"
The slight annoyance for having her favorite underwear ripped off was wiped out when Shaya forced her to move forward towards her mouth, and when her tongue started drawing slow circles around her clitoris the only thing Regina could think about was the growing tension that was clenching her core.
When she inserted two fingers inside her Regina gasped, and lost the capability to breath as Shaya started moving inside her, rubbing an incredibly sensitive spot, leading her close, so close to the explosion of pleasure, just to suddenly stop moving, leaving her on the edge.
The brunette gazed down, meeting her amazed stare. It was like if Shaya was watching the most amazing, rare and beautiful thing she had ever seen, and it made her temporarily forget her missed orgasm.
The warrior smiled at her.
" I love you." she whispered before kissing her sex and starting sucking her clitoris, while her fingers restarted doing what they were doing.
The heat rose again quick in her, clenching her just for a few seconds before that she had to scream as burning waves of unknown pleasure shook her innerly.
Breathless, Regina found herself leaning over her girlfriend, her hands clasping the sheets. Shaya was hugging her, gently rubbing her back with her fingers, leaving a sense of emptiness on the spots over her neck where her lips weren't leaning anymore, following the path of the thousands of soft kisses she was giving her.
Regina lifted and turned her head as to look at her. Happy light-blue eyes immediately welcomed her stare.
She let go the sheets. Leaning forward, she kissed her, a dance of lips, the tongues just barely touching. When they broke the kiss, Regina felt stoned.
" I love you." Shaya repeated in a hoarse whisper, making her smile softly.
" I love you too." she murmured, losing herself in her gaze. She kissed her again, wondering if she would ever manage to stop. It seemed impossible in that moment. Shaya's soft lips, what they could make her feel, her own taste on them, on her tongue.
Shaya pulled back. " Are you hungry?" she asked with that ever present hint of worry in her eyes that always warmed her heart.
" Yes." she smiled. " Of you."
As she said it, she was overwhelmed with a sudden need of pressing her body against Shaya's. She needed to feel her skin, her heat, not that annoying high-quality fabric. Regina ripped her own clothes off, then took off the dress by a laughing Shaya. She hastily took off her new shoes, throwing them on the floor, leaning then again over the woman as if she would freeze if she didn't. That was exactly how she felt.
Shaya confusedly smiled at her. " Hey, is it all right, honey?" she asked, hesitating to hug her again. Regina furiously nodded.
" Yes but now hug me." she muttered pressing her cheek against her chest, enjoying the low vibrations of the warrior's heart under her ear. She wondered if she could feel it, the scar. If it hurt. She would never forgive herself for what she had done to her.
Shaya's arms folded her, and she could finally relax. The queen closed her eyes with a soft sigh. She rubbed her fingers against the silky skin of Shaya's shoulder, next to her face. Meeting a dimple, she opened her eyes, gazing at the deep scar.
She locked gaze with Shaya, following the straight line of the old wound.
" I think I know this one."
The warrior smirked guiltily. " Oh you remember it, uh?"
She glared at her. " I can't believe that that idiot actually threw an arrow at you."
The smirk became a grin, even more guilty. " She didn't. I injured myself. She just pulled off the arrow."
She goggled. " You did what!?"
Shaya shrugged. " I needed you to believe me, honey. It was not like I could come there and ask you to forgive Snow because I believed that the revenge was only damaging you."
" Shaya, you were almost dead when you arrived at the castle!"
" Almost."
" Shaya!"
" What?"
" You could die!"
" I could heal myself whenever I wanted it, I just had to call Rumple."
Regina rolled her eyes. " Right, your best friend..."
" My only one." she corrected her, slightly smiling. " And my savior."
" He didn't save you, he used you!"
She smiled brightly. " And I can only thank him forever for it."
A snort cracked Regina's annoyance. She stared at her girlfriend, wondering if there was a single thing in the world that could take away that warm smile from her face when it was about their relationship. She slightly shook her head, letting her gaze slid over Shaya's bare body. Regina's hand leaned on the scar caused by Pan's sword.
" And this one's my fault too."
Shaya's hand covered hers, causing her to lock gaze with the warrior. " You can't blame yourself for my mistakes." she murmured, rubbing her hand with her thumb.
" You distracted because I was there."
" I'm alive because you were there."
Regina opened her mouth to object, but then a memory made her forget what she was about to say.
" Your heart shines so bright..." she said thoughtfully, staring at her in awe. Was her love so strong to cover the dark in her heart?
Shaya's eyes smiled at her while she moved her right arm from her back to caress her face.
" Just like your eyes. "
Regina couldn't help but laugh. " Yeah, sure... I should have known that True Love makes hearts shine." she pensively plowed on.
" You couldn't, seen that it doesn't."
" How do you know it? And how can you explain then your heart's brilliance?"
" Usually, I mean." Shaya added, playing with her earring, her attention apparently caught by the piece of gold, yet she went on explaining. " But it's written on the Sea Witch's Handbook: " dark is the path of the ripper of hearts, till the True Love's light in his hand shines bright". We could suppose that it happens only if the heart is ripped out by one's True Love. Especially seen our experience."
Regina couldn't hide her admiration. " You know the Handbook by heart?"
Shaya locked gaze with her, smirking. " It's not like I could ask Ursula to borrow it to me."
The brunette raised her brow, surprised. " Wait, you know her?"
" How could I have read the Handbook either way?"
" But... I mean... She's..."
" Basically untraceable? Aye, I know. But if you save a mermaid, she can be very grateful, you know?"
Regina goggled. " Did you really save a mermaid?"
Shaya shrugged. " The fishermen had wounded her. She was drowning. Absurd, I know."
Regina cocked an eyebrow. " Really?"
" Yep."
" Mh. And you did what? You gave her kiss of life?"
A sneer crossed Shaya's face. " Jealous?"
" Of a fish?"
The warrior burst into laughter. " Spend a little time with them, you'll call them fishes nevermore."
" I did, and I still call them fishes. "
" Maybe you didn't use that time the right way."
" Oh, seriously? You fucked a mermaid?"
" I'd rather say the contrary..."
" Shaya!"
" What? I didn't know you yet!"
" It's not that! Just..." Regina wrinkled her nose. " Ugh!"
" Look, I had spent three months on a ship with stinky men who thought that I brought bad luck when I actually saved their asses from the pirates, I saved the damsel in distress bringing her in a sea-cave and healing her there in secret for about a forthright, it was quite a romantic situation... And when she called Ursula and the witch came there offering me everything I wanted, and I asked for knowledge, she kind of grew fond of me, so... "
Regina eyes her skeptically. " Why knowledge? " she asked, curious. Obviously, if Ursula had offered her " everything she wanted", she would have asked for Snow's head on a plate. Or Ursula's power. Not knowledge. She probably wouldn't even think about it.
Shaya shrugged. " There was a war to win. I needed the spell to create a maelstrom. But I was too curious not to give a look at the legendary Handbook."
" "A look"... you know it by heart..."
" She gave me three days to study it, I just took advantage of her trust. And never betrayed it."
" What do you mean?"
" She asked me to never use that knowledge against the sea's people. "
" Oh."
" With people she meant fishes, crabs and everything, in case you're wondering. "
" Oh."
" Aye. I had to be very careful in creating the maelstrom. I had to send away every living form before doing it. It was terribly exhausting."
" I see." Regina sighed. " If she knew you're with me now..."
Shaya frowned. " Why? What happened between you two?"
" It's a long story. " she said with a dismissive wave. " Let's say that I didn't exactly save a mermaid."
Shaya stifled a laughter. " And this says it all!"
" Yeah..." she laughed, glancing down. Old scars interrupted Shaya's smooth skin now and then. Some Regina recognized as caused by swords, but a few others, the eldest, it seemed, she couldn't understand their nature. They were less then ten, spread all over her belly and over her ribs, one really close to her left breast, almost to its side but under it.
She touched it slightly. " These seem old." she said, gazing up at her.
Shaya nodded once. " They are, indeed. My second scars."
" Second?" Regina asked, frowned, with a slight sense of déjà-vu hunting her.
Shaya gave her a tensed smile, then gently pushed her away from her as to be able to turn, showing her her back. It was crossed by some thin, long scars. Lashes. The wound made by Snow's arrow was the only other sign on the fair skin.
Regina gasped. She stared at her, feeling her heart freeze. " Shaya... Who did you this to you?"
But the warrior was slightly smiling, reassuring. She turned again, cuddling her again, moving her face do close to Regina's that the brunette was about to lose focus on it.
" I wasn't always the invincible warrior everybody thinks I am. I went on my first battle without having ever really dueled before. It was a half miracle that I didn't die on that battlefield. But they caught me, and, obviously, they wanted to know our next moves. They did what they had to do to know it. But just for two days. The first day, they tried with the whip, and it didn't work. The second, they tried with white-hot iron, and it didn't work. The third morning, probably turned on by the power they thought they had on me, they wanted to try with their own bodies. That's when Rumple saved me, for the second time."
" Why didn't he save you before?!" Regina asked, furious. If she was right, Shaya had to be about twenty when it had happened. It had had to be terrible!
" Because..." she calmly explained, following the line of her jaw with her fingers, a touch so light to make her shiver. " ... he wanted to make a great warrior of me, and he did. A warrior knows her limits. I had to learn mine. A few leashes and burn wouldn't kill me, Regina. The pain was much, but that lesson, I've never forgot it. Months passed before I was on the battlefield again. But, when I did, none could hope to equal my ability with the sword."
The queen sighed, touching the scars. It all still seemed unnecessary to her. She wished she could go back in time and burn those motherfuckers alive. They were about to rape her, after having tortured her! She had done horrible things, and, yes, she had raped the Huntsman, but he was a grown man, and she never tortured him in such a barbaric way. The worst she had done to him was squeeze his heart. And, without it, he couldn't even really suffer for being "her pet". Not that it made her actions any better in general, but surely better than the savages that had tortured her girlfriend.
" I'm a monster, but I can't accept this. If they were still alive, I'd burn them. I'll punch Gold later."
Shaya gave a brief laughter. " It was the war, honey. They just acted like soldiers used to act. It's not like I didn't tortured to have information, too."
" But did you rape them?"
Shaya shook she head vehemently. " No! But... I mean, I think you know how aphrodisiac power can be... I... Sometimes I wished it... It's not like the situation didn't arouse me..." she said glancing down, evidently full of shame. Regina smiled. She was so cute with those big, fearful eyes shyly gazing up at her.
" I know exactly how it feels." she murmured bitterly, cupping her face and locking gaze with her. She mutely questioned her. Regina swallowed. Saying it out loud was harder that just thinking it. It made it real. Shaya was disgusted by rape. She was too, yet she did it. She couldn't erase her past, her actions, what she was. And she wouldn't hide it to her. She had to risk. " But, unlike you, I didn't hold myself." she said, taking in a deep breath to gather her courage. " I raped Graham, the Huntsman."
Shaya opened wide her eyes, the obvious surprise. And then, instead of showing disgust and horror, she slightly frowned calmly questioning her. " The man Emma and Snow were talking about that day?"
Regina weakly nodded once. She couldn't even think clearly. It was like if all of her feelings, fear, surprise, gratitude, were still inside her, frozen, midair, waiting for something to let them fall down and let her feel them. " Him. And I killed him." she replied with broken voice. If there was a thing she regretted, was Graham's death.
" Emma said you were desperate, and I believe her."
" I was afraid to lose Henry and..."
Shaya pressed her hand on her mouth. " Shush. I don't need explanations. I don't care why you did it. I see how much you regret it, which means you didn't want to do it, but you thought it was the only thing you could do. That's enough for me. "
She pulled back her hand, and all Regina could do was stare at her, open-mouthed. She had to stop forgetting how much she loved her.
The kiss was inevitable. It lasted a whole life and a heartbeat, it was sweet and rough, their tongues fought and danced at the same rhythm. Two dark hearts united by the same light.
They kissed until they couldn't feel their lips anymore. Regina pulled back, staring at her soul mate.
" There's a thing I want to ask you from a while." she said.
Shaya nodded once. " What are you waiting for?"
" I just didn't have the time to do it."
" Well, now you have it. Ask."
Regina smirked, amused. " How do you know all those things about me? And my mother? Did you know her? Did Rumple told you?"
She frowned. " No, no... Errrr... Actually I... I spied you." she confessed, pinching her lips with embarrass.
Regina rose her eyebrows. " You spied me."
She swallowed. " Aye. "
" How long?"
" Uhm... some months..."
The brunette cocked an eyebrow.
" Alright, maybe more... " Shaya admitted, glancing down.
Regina inhaled deeply. She felt somehow violated. Not only Leopold, but even she had kept her under control. Was her diary so interesting?
" Why?" she asked, letting her rage show in her eyes. " Couldn't you just introduce yourself like any normal person?"
Shaya eyed her, her brows knitted. " And tell you what? Something like: " Hello Your Majesty, I'm Rapunzel, I love you, can you not kill me please"? I needed an excuse to approach you!"
She stifled a laughter. " I didn't kill you when you came to me!"
" Only because I knew how to defend from your fire!"
" Okay, that's true..." she had to admit " ... but you had just killed the assassin! How should one react to that? What should I do, welcome you with a hug and offer you a drink?"
" No, no, you're right, I would have done the same! But still, be honest, even if I hadn't killed the Bogeyman, would you have trusted me? Or, better, if I actually hadn't killed him, would you have trusted a mercenary coming at your palace and asking you to kill Snow White for you? For money? Because I wouldn't. For a better offer I could kill you instead of her, don't you think? Why on earth would you trust me?"
She thought a bit about it. She would have probably done the same reasoning, and that somehow scared her, whatever way she looked at it. Did Shaya know her so much to be able to think like her? Or was she so predictable?
" You're right, I wouldn't. Not offering you money, but..."
" But you'd rip my heart out and force me to do it? But, really, Regina, it's not like you knew me. I tell you what you would know: a hundred years old mercenary, probably mad, who killed her brother when she was six, asks you to kill a young princess after having left the battlefield she was fighting on since the year before. And now I tell you what you'd have thought: she saw the reward, saw the great opportunity, and she went to the popular princess, asked for a higher reward and then came to you only to gain your trust. She'd kill you when she'd come back to the castle, pretending to have killed the princess, and cutting your head off instead. And that's why you'd rip my heart out. Except that I wouldn't let you do it, thus confirming your suspects. And that's why you'd kill me right away. "
Regina stared at her, astonished. Again, either she was highly predictable, or Shaya was hella perceptive.
" How do you know all of this? Is this the reason why you waited?"
She nodded. " Aye. And I know it because it's logical and a bit contort, which sounds much like Regina to me. " she softly laughed, making her smile.
" Okay. But... I could have thought the same things when you killed the Bogeyman..."
" Aye, but there were less possibility for you to do it. I mean, I had killed an hired assassin in front of you, showing you that he wasn't enough for that mission, for you. Why take the trouble to do it? The risk to be killed by you? If I wanted the money, I could just let him kill the girl, kill him later, in the woods, and bring you her head. Why risk so much for so easy money?"
She took a moment to think about it. It was a fine logic, yes, but she could have really killed her.
She stared at her. " Alright. " she said " You're crazy enough to be with me. Maybe you can survive, after all. "
The blonde stifled a surprised laughter, her eyes shining. " Oh, you finally got it?"
She slapped softly her shoulder, smiling while she leaned her cheek against it then. " I just had the confirmation that you're as manipulative as I am myself." she said gazing at the dark sky outside her window that was shaking with Shaya's laughter's rhythm.
" Usually I am not, but with you... I had to be subtle."
" I noted."
" No, you didn't, and that's why I'm alive!" she objected laughing, making her laugh in turn. She turned her head to look at her. That was right, she was alive only because she didn't know that she had actually saved Snow. Wasn't it? But still, Regina didn't forget the feeling she had felt since the first time she had met the girl. Safety. She had trusted her since the very fist moment. And now, in her arms, staring at those gorgeous deep, limpid waters that showed her her soul, she could enjoy that sensation fully. She had always had to watch her back. Now she knew she was safe, because the person she loved, the person who loved her as anybody had ever done before, was there for her.
" Did you ever get your revenge? " she asked after a long, relaxed silence, starting playing with a golden lock, caught by its color.
Shaya slightly shook her head, pursuing her lips. " Nope. That's why I was that angry that day. I had just known that the Regent had died, poisoned by his wife. She was hung the day after his death, so I couldn't even congratulate with her and slap her face. She stole my revenge!" she laughed, although tensely. " Bitch!"
Regina burst out into laughter at that rant. She didn't know what she would have done if she was Shaya. At least, for twenty eight years, she had head her vengeance.
" When did it happened?" she asked, curious, and relieved by her laughter. The pain had disappeared from her eyes, bright as the summer sky now.
" Errrr I was like... Twenty five. I was less than five miles from him, that's why we had conquered that citadel. It was a strategic point of observation. Far enough not to be seen, close enough to send spies to know what was happening in town. I punched that poor man who gave me the news." she laughed again, making her smile. Her laughter was beautiful, fresh, even though a bit harsh. It talked of wilderness.
" You seem to have taken it quite well..." she smiled.
Shaya pulled her closer to her, making their bodies touch, wrapping a leg around hers.
" I just don't care anymore. You're the only thing that matters now."
Regina smiled, overwhelmed. She stared at her, losing herself once again in that loving gaze. Oh, how she would spend her life in this lipid, fresh, calm waters...
" What have I done to deserve you?" she asked in a whisper, smiling.
The warrior smirked, rolling over her, kissing her.
" Something horrible." she said with a chuckle that mixed with her happy laughter.