Chapter 2

Chapter 2

            “Do I really have to wear this?” I ask Hinata for the millionth time. I pull on the bottom of my shorts in an attempt to make them longer. There’s something seriously wrong with whoever picked the uniforms for this school. My gym clothes consist of black booty shorts and a tight white t-shirt with the words Konoha Academy written across the chest in blue.

            “That’s what I thought on my first day,” Hinata says. “Don’t worry all of the guys only look at Sakura and her sluts of friends. The only guy you’ll have to look out for is Kankuro.”

            “Believe me, I can handle him,” I laugh as we walk out of the locker room and take a seat on the bleachers with out lunch posse. Kankuro cat whistles at me and I punch him in the arm.

            “Aren’t you guys excited for another youthful gym class with Gai-sensei?” Lee asks excitedly.

            “Is he really worse than Lee?” I ask Tenten.

            “Much worse. He’s Lee’s role model.” She answers and I groan. The bell rings and an older looking version of Lee walks in.

            “Hello my youthful students!” He shouts as I take in the green spandex and orange leg warmers. Oh Kami, this is Kakashi’s rival. He told me that they used to train together before he transferred to Minato’s dojo. “Today we have two new students, come up here please!” I sigh and stand up, I notice Naruto do the same and we walk to the front. “Introduce yourselves to the class!”

            “Tora Namikaze,” I say simply.

            “I’m Naruto Namikaze! BELIEVE…”

            “Finish that sentence and you die.” I growl.

            “Sorry,” he apologizes.

            “Ah! What youthful students! Today we will be playing basketball!” Gai yells. I perk up at those words. Basketball is my all time favorite sport! “It will be guys only.” What?

            “Why only guys?” I ask.

            “Because girls cannot keep up with the youthful intensity of the boys!”

            “Excuse me!” I say appalled.

            “We wouldn’t want you to break a nail, princess.” The Kiba guy from history says.

            “That’s the most ridiculous and sexist thing I’ve ever heard! I could take you without even breaking a sweat.” I say confidently.

            “Yeah, sure you can, princess.” He says sarcastically.

            “Actually, dude. If there’s one thing I’ve learned about Tora in the 10 years I’ve known her, it’s to never underestimate her. I wouldn’t doubt she could kick your ass on or off the court.” Naruto says in my defense.

            “Come on Gai-sensei, let me play!” I plead.

            “No, I have a rule of not letting girls play contact sports with the guys.” Gai says.

            “I practiced with the guys basketball team at my last school! I’ve been hurt more times than I can count because of those guys and they’ve never held back. I can take it! Do you want me to go get Kakashi? He’ll tell you I can take it. Hell, he never holds back when we train at the dojo, these guys are nothing compared to a master martial artist coming at you with full strength.”