13

Riley
Hours before...

Maya and I walked inside the house the party was in. We felt some stares come across us, but we just ignored them.

We stared a look. I don't know what it was exactly, but a look. A half smirk, half smile, half 'I'm In love with you,' cliché fanfic stare.

We just laughed a bit, and walked over to Maya's family friends and their children.

She did a handshake with a girl. "Darby! This is Riley. My date. Riley, this is Darby. My best friend."

I remember hearing about Darby. Maya said she was her best friend.

"Your hot date!" Darby suddenly blurted. "Sorry. Tattletale." The girl quickly explained herself. "But it's true. Your hot, Riley."

"Hey. In front of your girlfriend?" Another girl with glasses and curls, and apparently Darby's girlfriend, rolled her eyes. "Classy."

"Sorry, Sarah." Darby said, giving her loving eyes.

"They've been together since 6th grade. Though it's been rocky and on-off since 9th." Maya whispered in my ear. I nodded in understatement.

"Well, we gotta run. Gotta show Riles off to some other people," Maya winked and I blushed.

I couldn't help but hear them questioning if we were together.

"Are they together, now?" 'Sarah' questioned.

"I don't know," Darby said honestly. "Probably, I ship it."

---

"So your like..gay?" Some old person questioned us, quite rudely your might add.

"Yeah, you got problems?" Maya snarked back.

"I mean it's..not right," she says. "God didn't want this. He didn't give you both life so you could waste it being a sin to gods grace."

"I'm sorry, who are you again?" I smirked.

"Quinn Bradford, Missy's mother. I'm a millionaire, little sin girl." She -- 'Quinn' says croakily.

"No wonder that bitch is like that," Maya mumbled under her breath but I heard it.

"I won't stand for this," I stood up.

"what are you doing?" Maya whispered.

"I got this," I whispered back.

"I won't stand and watch you not only insult me and the girl I love but the entire LGBT+ community. I won't. I'm leaving, come on Maya." I shouted at them and the bloody murder and pure shock on their faces, gave me success.

Maya followed me outside. "That was..amazing."

"Thanks." I smiled.

"'The girl you love?'" Maya questioned.

"Yeah, um about that.." Riley trailed off. "I think..I think I love you."

I took the moment. I kissed her. I felt bad for those who feel fireworks when they kiss. This? This was better then fireworks. This was magic. This was an explosion without a spark. A speech with no words. I'm not making sense, am I? Well, I don't care. Neither does love. At least, not love that involves Maya Hart.

We let go eventually after a few moments. "I-" her voice broke. "I'm sorry. I can't!" Maya said and ran off like the wind.

--

A/N:
400 reads!! Oh my gosh, thank you so so much! Love you guys!💙