47

Maya

Think.

Wait.

Those are my two choices right now.

I try to move, speak, even the slightest of movements, but nothing. I just can't.

Maya..Maya..

I hear a voice. Must be another person visiting me. These people all coming for me, is odd. I'm not used to being cared about.

Do you truly love Riley?

I heard someone say. How dare they even have to ask that?

Of course I do!

I felt myself getting sucked into a bright light. A background of pure whiteness surrounded me.

My dad walked in. "Hi Maya."

Am I dead? Is this it? Did I die? Because my dad is here and...

"No, Maya, you aren't dead," he said. "You are in between. Right now, honey, you have the power to fight this. To wake up. Everyone needs you. I was told to come help you, because I need to."

I bit my lip and nodded. I knew I had to wake up, but what if I wasn't strong enough? What if I fail? I'm not strong. I'm weak. How could I do something that takes that much power?

"The choice is yours now, Maya."

"Wait dad!" Maya shouted out. "Before you leave I need to ask you two things."

"Go ahead."

"Why did you leave?"

"I wasn't strong enough for you Maya. Your enough, your more than enough, but I couldn't take care of you, not at the time. My biggest regret is not being there for you."

I felt tears burn in my eyes. I hugged him. "You are too. Enough, I mean,"

"Thank you Maya." He nodded and hugged her back.

"I'm sorry I let you die, I should've-I should've done something - I just hated you so much that I didn't think I should say goodbye.." Maya cried and she clinged onto him.

"I forgive you. Do you forgive me?"

I finally could give my truthful answer. "Yes."

He finally let go of the hug. "Your beautiful Maya. And look! You did it. Your waking up."

Maya gasped and looked to the side. A door was shown in the in-between world.

"Dad, one last question before i wake up."

"Yes, Maya?"

"I wanna ask Riley to marry me. Would you be okay with that?"

"I..yes. Definitely. Now go. Get your girl."

I nodded with a smile. I had my dads blessing. I walked over to the door slowly and opened it as I went back into the real world, and opened my eyes seeing myself surrounded by nurses.

I'm alive.

I'm okay.

I made it.

---

A/N:
You didn't really think I would kill her, did you? Lol. I might've actually. I thought about it but then I realized I would cry too hard writing it. So yeah. Cutesy shit with Kermit and Maya. She finally forgives him so her heart feels peace😭 and they're [ kinda obviously ] not at cannon age more like 16-17