46

Riley

I've come to the hospital to visit Maya every day this week. I miss her. I miss how'd she laugh, how'd her lips curled when she smiled at me, the hint of sarcasm placed into her voice at all times.

I might not see any of that ever again.

She might die.

I might have to go look at her lifeless body and sigh.

I might have to go to her funeral, look at her dead corpse and remind them to not take off her ring.

"Riley, you should stand up, walk around. Get something to eat." Lucas advised me.

Doesn't he realize what I'm going though? Doesn't he know how bad this is? How am I suppose to eat or sleep if maybe the love of my life will die while I do so?

"Can't," I insisted. "Not while Maya's here."

"Come on, Riley. Farkle will watch, if there's anything new he'll text me and we'll come. Ok?" Lucas told me.

Fine. Whatever. I'll go. But only so huckleberry will leave me alone.

huckleberry..that's what Maya called him....let me cry in a corner please?

"Fine let's go. Farkie, make sure you text us the second you hear anything."

"Of course Riley."

With that, me and Lucas went walking around the food court, and started to talk.

I smiled for the first time since the accident.

Maybe I forgot that Maya's strong.

Maybe she could fight this.

Maybe she make it out alive.

---

A/N:
So Yeah. This is how riles is doing RN. Next chapter will be Maya's

So I have a little interaction thingy

Since Maya can hear in her coma, comment what you'd say to her to motivate her to wake up [ unless you want her dead ] if you had the chance to be in that hospital room right now.