Video 3/24

January 25th

I blinked in confusion as the video ended, not even knowing who the hell that was. I mean, sure, it was a cute (attractive) boy, but he hadn't mentioned his name.

Though he did know mine.

My curiosity got the best of me and I clicked next, the third image appearing. It was all black on the screen, but it was a video.

And so, I clicked play.

November 21st

The screen started out all black, before a hand moved off the camera and the same boy as from the previous video appeared.

"Hey!" Michael greeted the camera happily, "soooo, I was watching my first video. You know, to make sure it was okay enough to let it stay on your camera... But I then noticed I had not once told you my name.

So, I was like 'oops'? Because yeah, that is kind of important, isn't it?" Without noticing, Michael started rambling. And he rambled and rambled about how knowing a name could make a huge difference -or so he thought.

His rambling went on for at least a few minutes, before he realised what exactly he had been doing. So, with flushed cheeks, he gave the camera a sheepish smile. A smile that had become a normal thing when filming.

"So, yeah. I'm Michael. I'm sorry for that rambling, I tend to do that." He chuckled weakly, feeling slightly embarrassed his rambling had been caught on camera. But he could always delete it later, if he wanted.

"Oh, and about the happy birthday wish. It was my birthday yesterday, so yeah. Which made it a funny coincidence I found your camera. Kind of like a coincidental birthday gift." Michael put a thumb up and grinned widely.

"But, let's continue with the tour through my house. Does that sound good?" He didn't wait for a response -not that he would get one- and skipped up the stairs in the hallway. Because the ground floor had been shown already, so all that was left was the first floor.

"Those were the stairs, by the way," Michael said, turning the camera back to the stairs he had just ascended. "Nothing special, actually."

He then ventured through the hallway upstairs, occasionally entering a room -like the bathroom and study- to show it. And of course, he saved his own bedroom for last.

"Get ready for the best room in this house." He announced, dramatically reaching for his doorknob. Once he had a hold of it, he slowly opened his door.

"Tadaa!" Michael grinned to himself as the door was now fully opened and he stepped inside. He closed the door behind him again and then started the tour through his room.

"As you can see, I really like those bands," he started off, zooming in on the various posters hanging on his door and walls. "Green Day, All Time Low. You know, that kinda stuff."

Michael sat down on his bed, letting the camera turn so it filmed his room. He let out a soft sigh, before turning the camera to himself and smiling widely. "Like what you see? Maybe you should come by sometime. Like, whenever you have your camera back I suppose, haha."

Michael fell silent then, thinking about how to get the camera back to whoever it belonged to. Though, it wasn't just whoever. No, it was Calum.

The boy that had played the piano so amazingly. The boy that had seemed so passionate about playing something. Something beautiful.

Though, when saying 'something beautiful', Michael didn't know anymore whether he was talking about the music the boy had played, or the boy himself.

Because yeah, Michael was interested in Calum. He had been since he found the camera, but now he was interested in him in a different way. Perhaps, he could meet him and get to know him, to know how he really was.

And you never know what happens after that, right?

"God, sorry for tuning out. I was trying to figure out how to get your camera back to you." Michael apologised once he had noticed that was what he had been doing. Kind of. But the rest didn't need to be spoken of.

"Maybe I should hang out more at the park you left your camera? Do you think that would work?" The camera didn't respond of course, so Michael thought about it.

It was logical, because every person that loses something, goes back to where they've lost it eventually. Whether they do that immediately, because they just know they've last seen it there or whether they do that later because they only then realise. They always return.

"You know what, I'll go back to the park tomorrow and we'll see. I mean, I'm not sure if I'll recognise you, but maybe you'll recognise your camera somehow?" Michael nodded to himself, proud of the solution he had just thought of. It should work, he thought.

"Now that's settled," Michael lied down on his bed, his hand coming up to his chest as he held the camera on a distance with the other, "I have nothing special to say or do."

His head moved to the side, hoping to see something that could make this video interesting. Anything.

"So... This is a bit awkward. I guess I can end the video, though I feel like I should hang around a bit longer. Just to give you more time of me," the red headed boy winked at the camera, before bursting out in laughter.

"Y-yeah," Michael wheezed, wiping away a laughing tear -that may not have been there for real. "That was stupid. I'm boring. Maybe you're that kind of person who just deletes everything without looking at it."

He stayed silent for a bit, his happy mood disappearing slightly. "Then this would be a waste of time, really," he said slowly and softly, before smiling up at the camera again. "But who cares? Because I'm having fun and that's all I want in life. However long it may last."