Video 12/24

February 8th

Ashton had stayed over that night -as it had been really late when we finished the video anyway- and we had cuddled. Something that wasn't really weird for either of us.

That's what I loved about having Ashton as my best friend. He wasn't one for cuddles, as he didn't really like them, but with me he'd always cuddle. Because in contrast to him, I loved cuddling.

And of course, there were many more reasons why Ashton was the best friend I could ever ask for, but those are for another time.

Anyhow. After we had had breakfast, Ashton and I had watched a movie and been nothing but lazy, lying on the couch and cuddling some more. I just loved cuddling.

"Hey Ash?" Ashton hummed, his chest vibrating against my back as he was sort of spooning me. As I asked my question, I almost whispered, "Would you mind if we watched another video?"

He chuckled softly, shifting slightly behind me, "'f course not. If you want to, I'm okay with it, Cal."

I smiled, turning around in the embrace and hugging Ashton tightly. He let out some sort of squeak as I squeezed tightly, my smile as wide as possible.

"Jeez," he wheezed once I had let go, causing me to laugh softly at him. He pouted at me, before giving me a light push. Though, I had been lying on the edge of the couch and so, his push send me to the ground.

"Fuck," we both muttered, my head hurting slightly as it had hit the ground. Ashton peeked at me from the couch, his face showing his worry. "You okay?"

I was a bit shocked for a moment (though I wasn't really sure why), before I burst out laughing. It hurt my head slightly, but I didn't really care.

Ashton looked confused for a moment, before shaking his head with a smile. "You're so stupid."

"Hey," I whined, "you're stupid. You pushed me off the couch."

Ashton simply chuckled, looking at me again. "Just go and get your camera. I'm quite interested in watching more of the lilac-haired doofus you have taken a liking in."

I rolled my eyes but didn't exactly disagree. As soon as I had jumped up, I had taken off to my room, quickly returning with my beloved camera. Time for another video, I thought to myself happily.

December 16th

The camera shook a bit, before it got a steadier view, showing off a familiar hallway. Michael's hallway, more precisely.

"So, currently, I'm waiting for my blond haired friend. You may know him," Michael said, pointing his camera at the front door, "Luke Sometimes-stupid Hemmings."

"I heard that," a voice exclaimed from outside, before the sound of a key turning broke the silence that had followed.

And soon enough, the blond haired friend stood in the hallway, taking off his shoes as he had his eyes narrowed at his lilac haired friend. Or rather best friend.

Michael simply -and maturely- stuck out his tongue, before taking off into the living room, making sure the camera still filmed the hallway.

Luke was heard grumbling, before he appeared in the doorway, his backpack held in one hand. He stopped in the doorway, however, when he saw what was in the living room.

Michael was biting his lower lip, filming Luke's reaction. He wasn't sure if Luke liked it, but he had to go with it if he wanted to watch movies tonight.

"Holy," Luke breathed out, seeming impressed, "how did you manage this?"

"Eh, well," Michael blushed a bit as he admitted, "my dad helped me when he and my mom were over this afternoon. For the Christmas tree, you know? They always help set that up and... Yeah."

Luke's eyebrows rose, his mouth hanging open slightly. He was definitely impressed.

"Wow. And, we're gonna watch movies in that?" He looked at Michael with big eyes, completely ignoring the fact he was still being filmed.

"Well, that was the plan yeah," Michael grinned. Luke slowly started to smile, soon smiling full on as he started to get excited. "Yeah, okay, definitely, yes."

Michael chuckled at his best friend, finally turning the camera to what took up most of the living room. A big (huge) blanket fort was made in the middle of it, multiple pieces of furniture used as walls or support for the blankets.

"I'm proud," Michael stated, Luke already walking towards it and crawling inside, taking his bag with him. It was a bit like they were children all over again.

"Wait for me!" Michael dramatically exclaimed, before laughing at himself and then crawling in the fort as well, making sure to be careful with the camera.

Once inside, he filmed how Luke was looking at everything in awe. Because Luke found it absolutely amazing.

It was quite spacious, three thin lines of  coloured fairy lights decorating the ceiling (which was made of a thick blanket, or two). The floor was made of two big mattresses, red and brown blankets thrown over them.

And of course there wasn't a lack of pillows in the fort, them blocking out light where they were placed against chairs. Or they were there as a real pillow, to use when they would watch a movie.

"This is amazing, Michael. Honestly." Luke muttered, really feeling like a child again. The time when they were so careless and happy and nothing could hurt them except for scraped knees or elbows.

At the memories of him and Michael as children, tears welled up in Luke's eyes. He missed that time. He missed it to be young and carefree. Because lately it was all about worrying and stress and nothing was the same anymore, as it seemed.

"Luke?" Michael frowned at his best friend, who rubbed at his eyes and averted his gaze to not have Michael see the tears. "Are you... Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine," Luke said, but the crack in his voice gave away he wasn't that okay. Michael didn't question it, he simply put the camera aside and pulled Luke closer.

"It's all gonna be okay, you know?" Michael muttered, moving the camera so it was filming them halfly, his one hand rubbing up and down Luke's bare arm. "You'll be fine."

"I won't be," Luke whispered, his face then pressed to Michael chest as he finally let all his emotions come to the surface. His tears wetted Michael's shirt, but neither cared. Luke had the right to cry, so they let it happen.

"It isn't the end of the world Luke. It really isn't. You'll be fine." Michael muttered, running a hand through Luke's hair, attempting to calm him.

He just wanted to watch a movie and forget about the world for a bit, so he proposed it to Luke. He agreed slowly, but he wasn't letting Michael go. He clung to him with every move he made.

"I'm not letting go, not yet," Luke mumbled, holding onto Michael tightly as their movie started, "you'll stay with me, right?"

"I will. I'll stay." Michael chuckled lightly as he then said, "until death do us part."