Video 13/24

February 9th

After watching the video, I had gotten this sudden feeling of sadness. Maybe it was because Luke had been crying in the video and it seemed to be about something quite big.

I really felt with the blonde boy and I wasn't the only one. Ashton and I both had been quite quiet after that, not really speaking much. It was almost as if our puppy had just died.

Not that we had one, but you get what I mean.

It was safe to say that we ended up cuddling all day again, my mom having to bring us food even. Because yeah, we were kinda stuck on the couch. We were just a bunch of sadness.

We did manage to get to my bed and Ashton even managed to call his mom to bring him some stuff for another sleepover. It wasn't likely we were going much farther than my bedroom from the moment we got there.

Luckily his mom had brought some stuff and Mali had been nice enough to bring it to my room, frowning at our sad bodies lying in my bed, all cuddled up.

She didn't question it though and simply wished us a 'good night', our responses an incoherent mumble.

The next morning (or rather, this morning), it was still dark in my room and Ashton and I were still cuddled up.

"Hey, Ash?" I mumbled sleepily, cracking an eye open to look at his face. It scrunched up, before he grumbled something.

I poked his chest carefully, feeling quite drained of energy, despite just waking up from quite a good sleep. "Ash," I whispered again, this time successfully waking him.

He inhaled slowly and deeply, before slowly exhaling and slowly opening his eyes. "Hmm, morning, Cal."

"Hey," I opened my other eye as well, looking up at him, since I had been lying on his chest with my head and hands.

"Whas up?" He mumbled sleepily, removing one arm from around me to rub at his eyes.

"Do you think the night ended well for them?" It was as if I was asking him if the prince and girl in a fairytale ended up together and lived happily ever after.

"Hm? Oh, eh," he groaned, shifting slightly and then moving up slightly. He seemed more awake as he looked down at me, "I think their night ended okay. Maybe a bit like ours did."

I nodded, biting my lower lip as I looked at his shirt, thinking. I honestly hoped they felt better after that. I couldn't really bear the thought of them being so sad.

Mostly because Luke seemed such a happy kid. Someone who stood somewhat close to his childhood and wasn't quite ready to let go of it just yet, but that could put a little distance to it if really necessary.

And Luke crying, that just hurt. I just couldn't really explain it. It just hurt.

"We could always watch the next video, Cal. I'm sure it will explain a bit more."

"Will you stay and watch it with me then?" I asked, almost frantically. For some reason I didn't think I'd be able to watch it by myself.

"Yeah, I'll stay. Don't worry."

December 19th

"I have a problem," was how the video started off, Michael's head the only thing you could see.

"And it's blonde. And tall. And on me." Michael moved the camera from his face, holding it at a distance. From where the camera was now, it filmed Luke, lying on top of Michael.

"He's been like this ever since the movie night three days ago," Michael mumbled, moving the camera again to show one of Luke's arms wrapped tightly around Michael.

"I can't say it's annoying, because I quite like the hugging and cuddling and all," Michael continued, speaking softly because he didn't want to wake up his tall friend.

"It just kinda makes me sad he's sad," Michael pouted, a bit subconsciously. His free hand was tracing patterns on Luke back, as he filmed them from a distance. It did kind of hurt his arm to hold the camera like that continuously, but he didn't care much at the moment.

"But, I do have to pee. And when your friend is pressing on your bladder, it's not comfortable," Michael grimaced, trying to shift, but it only caused Luke to hold him tighter. And in response, Michael groaned. It kind of felt like his ribs were being crushed.

"Luke?" He prodded at Luke's side with his finger, speaking louder than before because now he did want Luke to wake up. "Lukey, I gotta pee, please?"

Luke grumbled, shifting a bit but not releasing his grip. Michael continued to poke Luke's side, "Luke, c'mon. I really gotta go or I'll pee on you."

"Hm," Luke mumbled, his grip lessening as one hand eventually even removed himself from around Michael, so Luke could run it over his face. "What?"

"Thank God, I really need to pee. So like, could you please let go of me for just a moment?" Luke pouted sleepily, before removing his grip. As soon as he could, Michael jumped from the bed and raced to the bathroom, leaving the camera outside the bathroom.

Once he did what he had to do, he took the camera and filmed Luke, who had fallen asleep again, now cuddling Michael's pillow.

"Oh, I randomly remember," Michael almost gasped, talking really soft so Luke wouldn't hear him, "I still have to buy his Christmas present."

Michael smiled fondly as Luke cuddled even closer to the pillow, that undoubtedly smelled like him. He couldn't help the feeling in his chest as he watched Luke, happy that he ended up which such an amazing friend.

He never once wished he didn't become friends with the clumsy little kid all those years ago. Because Luke, yeah, he really made Michael's life more happy. And happiness was all Michael wished for at this moment.

"Anyway," he spoke slowly and softly, almost forgetting he was talking before, "I think I know what to get him. I have something on my bucket-list that I'd love to see happening."

Michael's smile got wide, the thought in his head making him excited for Christmas. Or, well, more for the present and Luke's reaction.

"Mikey?" Michael looked at his best friend, who was sleepily looking up at him. "Why are you standing there?"

"Nothing, I'm coming back to bed," Michael said, holding onto the camera as he moved back in the bed besides Luke.

"Good," Luke mumbled sleepily, immediately taking a hold of Michael again. "Don't leave."

"'m not going anywhere," Michael mumbled, feeling sleepy again himself. Luke however, was off to dreamland already.

Michael chuckled softly as he filmed them again, "as you see, I'm stuck in the same position again. But then again," Michael smiled down at Luke, "I wouldn't have it any other way."