Video 23/24

January 13th

A deep sigh escaped Michael as he started the video, a pout on his face. He then rubbed at his eyes.

"Hi. So like, it's quite early, but I can't get back to sleep. And I'm so tired. I just wanna sleep, but I can't," he grumbled, closing his eyes for a moment.

"And the damn cast on my leg isn't helping much. It's itchy and it hurts and ugh," Michael whined, rubbing at his eyes again.

"I guess it wasn't a real great idea to start a video when I have nothing to do, but I was bored and hoped this might help." He shrugged, looking around the living room before suddenly hearing a bark.

Michael then smiled, suddenly knowing what to do. "Okay, I hope I can get off my couch easily," he muttered, putting the camera around his neck and then carefully lifting himself from the couch.

Michael quickly grabbed his crutches, steadying himself before walking towards his door. There he managed to get is one foot in a shoe -as the other couldn't fit due to the cast.

He unlocked his front door, put his key in his pocket and suddenly thought of a jacket. Since it was still really early, it wasn't the warmest outside and he couldn't get sick.

So, he quickly managed to put on a jacket, before going outside and closing his front door. Michael then managed to get to the sidewalk, seeing Sarah and Bowser walking towards him.

Sarah looked up from Bowser, to see Michael. She smiled and waved, approaching him a bit quicker. "Hey bud, how are you?"

Michael shrugged, smiling down at Bowser. "I'm okay. Could be better, but yeah."

Bowser barked, his tail moving fast. He then jumped forward, but Sarah pulled him back. "No, Bowser. Michael's leg hurts, you can't jump on him today."

Michael gave the puppy a sad smile, but the puppy just happily sat down. "Anyway, you do look tired. Are you getting enough sleep?"

Michael was happy Sarah cared so much for him. It was almost as if she was his older sister, despite them not differing that much in age.

"Not really," he admitted honestly, forgetting the camera was on. "And the cast isn't really helping, but yeah. I'll survive."

Sarah didn't seem convinced and even seemed to sadden a little at Michael's words, but she masked it by smiling sympathetically. "I believe you, bud."

Sarah's eyes then fell on the camera, "I see you're still filming?"

Michael's eyes lit up and he suddenly smiled widely, "yeah! I have so many videos already! I'm kind of running out of ideas of what to film, but yeah."

Sarah laughed softly, nodding. "At least you're having fun," she said, smiling again.

"Definitely, I hope I can get the camera back to it's owner, though," Michael admitted, sighing softly.

"Maybe I can help?" Sarah offered.

And why not? Michael thought. Because the world could be really small, especially when you wouldn't expect it to be.

February 19th

It was late in the evening, my day being filled with Michael's video and my thoughts.

Now he had clearly filmed Sarah, I finally remembered who she was exactly.

I felt really stupid for not realising it earlier and I even realised I could've looked at the note I had gotten with the camera.

After I had watched the video and after I had thought of the note, I had looked for it and read it again.

I hope you enjoy my neighbours gift, as he insisted I gave it to you. Though, he didn't know you personally, he pretended as if he did.

The words made me smile this time, because Michael indeed acted as if he was my friend. Which I didn't mind at all, because it was cute.

And of course, the words at the end of letter should've gotten me thinking way earlier than now.

Mali's friend (;

I should've gone to Mali right away or at least after the first few videos. And if not, then when I started to like Michael.

It would've spared me some time.

But then again, me looking for him on my own (with the occasional help of Ashton of course) was a bit more special.

"Cal?" I looked up to see Mali at my door again. I frowned for a moment, because I couldn't remember that it was that late already.

"Is she here?" I immediately got up from where I had been sitting on my bed.

"Yeah but eh, yeah," I ignored my sister's weird acting, almost storming out of the room. I left everything in my room, walking down the stairs with a big smile.

This was it. I was going to find Michael.

As I got to the living room, my smile dropped a bit. I mean, I couldn't appear to be over the moon, because they'd probably think I'm weird.

Though I'm sure my sister already thinks that.

"Hey," I greeted the familiar girl on the couch. She looked up once I had done so and gave me a sad smile, one that made me a bit confused.

Or maybe it was a tired smile, because after all, it was almost midnight. Like, in two minutes probably?

"Hi, Calum." She patted the empty side of the couch, signalling for me to sit down. I did and looked at her, biting my lower lip in anticipation.

"I heard you've been enjoying the videos?" She smiled lightly, while I simply nodded -refraining myself from nodding too fast and looking like an idiot.

"And I heard you've been looking for Michael," she swallowed visibly, her smile seeming sad once again. I simply nodded, getting more and more confused about this all.

"I..." She took a shaky breath, looking down at her fingers for a moment as she fidgeted with them.

I gave her her time, keeping my confusion to myself. She would tell me, I'm sure.

My eyes fell upon the clock, seeing it was seconds from midnight. Not that it really mattered, but yeah.

Sarah took another shaky breath, looking up again as tears now brimmed her eyes. Her voice cracking as she spoke, "I'm sorry Calum, but Michael is dead."