Video 16/24

February 12th

Unfortunately, I wasn't any better the day after I woke up with a cold.

I wish I could've explained a lot of fun things I did, but I just laid in bed, sniffing and coughing.

But there was something that made it a little (maybe a lot) better to be sick in bed all day.

December 25th

"You're just a daydream away," Michael sang along quietly, the room he was in (his own) still dark.

It had been a while since he had been in this room. It was almost weird to be in it, despite it being his.

Michael turned the camera to himself, smiling. "That sentence is quite true, you know? I mean, all I have to do, is daydream. And then it's like you're here."

He then flushed red, realising how that could be taken. "You know, to eh, I mean... Yeah."

He coughed awkwardly, avoiding to look at the camera. As he did so, he chewed on his lower lip, trying not to get lost in a daydream, because that's where his thoughts were straying towards.

"So eh, it's a special day today." Michael then randomly said, before smiling widely, "Merry Christmas."

He then sat up, swinging his legs out of bed. "I'm really curious to what I'll get this year."

He sat the camera down for a moment, pulling a sweater from his closet and putting it on, pulling the sleeves over his hands. Michael then took the camera again, walking downstairs.

"Everyone here should be awake by now, but I'll keep quiet just for sure." As Michael was sneaking down the stairs, he could softly hear his parents talking. And as he heard the words, he quickly made his footsteps louder so his parents would switch subjects.

"Good morning honey!" His mom greeted, as soon as he appeared in the doorway to the living room, "how are you feeling?"

"I'm fine," Michael answered, waving his hand, "Merry Christmas, mom, dad."

His parents smiled as he smiled at them, all of them hugging. And in that moment, Michael couldn't really think of any other way to spend his Christmas morning. And he wouldn't want something else anyway.

"Do you want to have breakfast first or...?" His mom trailed off, already knowing the answer but asking anyway.

"Presents!" Michael happily exclaimed, grinning widely as he held onto the camera -that was hung around his neck once again- with one hand.

"Mike, do you want me to film it?" Michael's dad suddenly asked, making Michael really happy, because yeah, he would love that.

"Be careful," Michael told his dad softly, as he handed the camera over before walking over to the Christmas tree. He plopped down on the floor, smiling widely as he poked at the presents, wanting to know what they were.

"So, this is the first one," his mom told him, handing him one of the many gifts. Michael took it eagerly, almost bouncing in place. He was just so excited.

He carefully unwrapped the paper, revealing a thin rectangular box. He then lifted the lid and smiled widely at the sweater and two shirts that were in it.