Video 21/24

February 17th

I was going through some videos for a bit, hoping to see something that might lead me to Michael. Things that I somehow missed.

But it wasn't really working, unfortunately.

After a while, my sister had come in and watched a part of a video with me. I didn't really know the reason, but I did know she left quite abruptly.

Not that I really cared. She probably just remembered she had to do the dishes before mom came home.

I, on the other hand, kept watching videos, until I came to the one of yesterday.

I hadn't found out much, but I did notice Michael had become more tired the further I came with the videos. And it was slightly worrying, honestly.

And all I could really do about it, was hope he would be okay and it was just something that would go by.

Because we all had these sleepless nights when we were stressing, for example during exam time. Nobody gets much sleep then, right?

With a sigh, I put the camera away, biting my lower lip.

It was weird how lately, all that had been on my mind had been Michael.

Just Michael and finding Michael and how good Michael looked with his new hair or in those clothes and just... Michael.

It was almost like... like he had me wrapped around his finger, really.

I mean, if he were to say he'd like to see me with a different colour of hair, I'd probably try it out.

So yeah, I was falling for this boy and fast. And I couldn't really stop it.

And just like that, I felt the need to play my piano, lyrics already forming in my head.

I grabbed my music notebook and a pen (and of course my camera), running to our music room and taking place at the piano.

I took a deep breath as I pulled up the lid from the keys and then opened my notebook.

"Okay," I mumbled to myself, writing the lyrics I already had down, trying to think of the right tune.

As I finished writing, I moved my fingers to the keys, playing a tune that might fit.

"No.." I shook my head at myself, trying different notes until I thought the tune fit my lyrics.

"You had me wrapped around your finger." I sang quietly, playing along and smiling at how it turned out.

I then wrote down the notes with the lyrics, deciding on brainstorming for more lyrics would be a good one, because the song can't exist of only that, can it?

And maybe a video could even help with that...

January 5th

"Today, I'll be carrying the camera, mostly," Luke spoke, awkwardly filming himself. He wasn't that good with this, not like Michael.

"I can explain why, but I can also just show you," Luke continued, turning the camera around and filming a now black haired Michael, who used his crutches to walk back into the living room.

He had been in the kitchen for one of those delicious cookies of his mom, still chewing as he came back.

"As you can see, this idiot fractured his leg," Luke smiled as Michael rolled his eyes, dragging his casted leg with him to the couch. He already hated it and it had only been three days.

The new year didn't have a great start for Michael, so far.

"Michael, care to tell your camera-boy what happened?" Luke was still filming, as Michael turned to Luke, glaring at him. He didn't really mean it, but he was a little cranky and he just wanted to relax.

"Oi, the kitten is a bit mad. Isn't he cute?" Luke teasingly spoke, smiling as Michael groaned.

"I fell off the stairs. There. Now can we watch a movie?" Michael almost started pouting, but he was pretending to be mad at Luke, so he kept a straight face.

"Well, you're no fun," Luke pouted, but he walked over to Michael anyway. He put the camera down somewhere so it filmed them both, since he knew Michael would want that.

"I wanna sit on the floor," Michael told Luke, already throwing some pillows onto the floor so his ass wouldn't hurt.

"Why?" Luke asked, a little confused. Michael simply shrugged, not admitting that he knew that if he went to sit on the floor, Luke would go and sit behind him and play with his hair.

And to be honest, Michael loved it when Luke did that. Luke looked cute and it felt nice.

"Luke," Michael whined, as he had put his crutches down already. He couldn't get down all by himself, because the last time he tried, he fell quite painfully. And since then he had had Luke by his side.

He felt a little helpless, yes, but he also liked spending the extra time with his best friend. They hadn't had a good sleepover with movies since... Well, Michael honestly couldn't really remember.

And he didn't care, because he rather lived in the now. And he liked to enjoy it, so that's what he did.

"Yeah, yeah. Calm down," Luke chuckled, helping Michael sit down on the pillows, propping his casted leg up with two other pillows.

"Thanks," Michael breathed out, as Luke went to sit behind him, the remote in his hand.

"It's no problem, Mikey," Luke patted Michael's head carefully, clicking through the movies.

"How about we watch Mean Girls?" Michael suggested, knowing Luke liked that movie quite a lot. He wasn't really fond of the movie, but he could get through it when watching it with his best friend. Preferably if that said friend was playing with his hair.

"But, you don't-"

"Just shut up and play it, Lucas," Michael interrupted his friend, leaning his head back to show his smile. Luke smiled back and obeyed, the movie soon starting.

Michael turned back to the TV, scooting back a little so his back was against the couch and he was in between Luke's legs.

"But," Michael said, "we do have to watch a scary movie after this, to make up for it."

Luke groaned, but eventually agreed, leaning forward and almost subconsciously moving his fingers to Michael's hair. Michael just smiled, watching the movie as Luke fingers played with his hair carefully.

Michael closed his eyes, still smiling as he hummed.

There were things you just can't get enough of and you wish you could have forever.

For Michael, something like that, was a moment with his best friend. A moment like this, where they had on a movie, Michael was relaxing and Luke was playing with his hair.

Yeah, Michael could live forever in this moment. But unfortunately, life itself doesn't last forever.