Video 15/24

February 11th

It was safe to say that I felt like absolute shit.

Why? Well, let's say that when I was watching the video yesterday, I hadn't exactly noticed how cold it had gotten (due to the rain). And so, I hadn't put on my jacket and guess what I woke up with this morning?

A cold. A fucking cold.

My nose was running all the time. My head hurt. My limbs felt weak. My eyes kept tearing up for no reason. My throat hurt.

It was the worst thing to wake up to.

And as I had made my way downstairs (because how else was I going to get the painkillers?), my mom looked at me worriedly.

"Calum, dear, are you okay?" She came a bit closer, putting her hand to my head. "You're burning up! Get back to bed, now. I'm bringing you whatever you need."

Her hand was comfortingly cold against my head, but I obliged and went back upstairs, burying myself underneath the covers. I was cold.

"Here, honey. I have some painkillers and water." My mom entered my room, so I sat up slowly, despite rather being drowned in my covers. "Are you hungry?"

I shook my head no, afraid that if I'd speak, it wouldn't work anyway. And if I'd try it, my throat would be fucked up.

"Okay, I'll make you some tea then, yeah?" I simply nodded at that, already loving the idea of some warm, soothing tea to drink. "And I'll make some soup later, but for now just take the painkillers and lie down, yeah?"

I simply nodded again. My mom kissed my forehead and then left my room, as I took the painkillers with some water, before lying down again.

I hated being sick, but I guess it was just one of these things you had to go through in life. And there were things far worse than a cold. Far worse.

Suddenly, I sneezed. Then I gasped for air as it hurt, a soft groan escaping me as I slowly pulled my covers more over me.

I could use a nap. And tea. I still want that tea.

As if on cue (and it might be because I may have drifted off), my mom came back with some tea, putting it on my nightstand.

I thanked her softly, watching her leave my room once again. I then reached for one of the many sweaters I had lying on one side of my bed, pulling it on and pulling the sleeves over my hands.

Despite it being summer still, I was cold. And despite me lying underneath thick covers and now wearing a sweater, I was still cold. And again, despite the warm tea, I was still. Goddamn. Cold.

I absolutely hated being sick...

I lifted the cup of tea up to my lips again, sipping the hot liquid. It was a little too hot, but I didn't care much. It was nice.

And maybe I could make this day a little better. Maybe with the boy with the coloured hair and the happy attitude.

Yeah, that could work.

December 24th

The welcome mat was a dirty brown, seeming a bit old and worn out. It made the hall look nice though, so Michael had never removed it. And he wasn't ever planning on doing so, because it had been his grandma's.