end up here

charlie sighed heavily and picked up the next envelope. the memories were really starting to flood her memories and she wasn't entirely sure if she liked it or not.

"charlie,

this one is called end up here. it's all about the first time we properly talked and i thought for sure there was no way you were in my league. i fancied the pants off of you."

she grinned at the term ashton used, and then opened the actual piece of paper containing the lyrics. charlie was pretty sure that the lyrics she was getting were rewritten, because ashton's handwriting was neater than usual and none of the words were scribbled out, which usually happened when he was in the process of writing songs.

"you walked in, everyone was asking for your name,

you just smiled and told them trouble".

charlie grinned widely at the memory. she had been going through a relatively rebellious phase and told everyone who didn't already know her name that it was trouble.

that night ashton had been wearing a shirt advertising kurt cobain and she had told him that she liked it, and she liked the song living on a prayer by bon jovi. she had invited him to her house, and they ended up talking all night and kissing a bit. they hadn't gone all the way.

as the song got to the bridge, charlie frowned. she knew ashton had issues with insecurity but she had no idea his friends had teased him about not being in her 'league', and that he wouldn't be able to keep her. she also had no idea why he thought he was a six and she was a ten because, personally, she thought it was the other way around.

she still loved the song, however, because it was all about the first time she properly spent time with ashton.