the note

charlie,

i am honestly so sorry. i never, NEVER, meant to hurt you the way i did and i will never be able to forgive myself. i love you, charlie williams.

as you know, i'm a songwriter and musician in a touring band. that's what i do. so here are a handful of songs i wrote during our relationship, both happy and sad.

i've written this nine times and never been able to put across what i wanted to say. i doubt this will go well but i've started to cry again and honestly if i don't write it now i'll never get the guts to, so here goes.

i never wanted to drift apart, but i guess that was inevitable. i was flying across the world, touring, and you were stuck at home. just know that i never ever cheated, and i missed you every second of every day. however, every day, you felt a little bit further away (lol that's one of the songs wrote). everywhere i went there were memories. i couldn't even open my damn eyes without thinking about you. i dreamt about you, i daydreamed about you, i talked about you. the boys were fed up. i just couldn't stop thinking about you.

then we were done. after reading that text you sent, i wanted to quit the tour, come home to you, tell you how much i loved you. i guess the reason we drifted was because i couldn't work up the balls to tell you i loved you before i left, but i did. i always have, and i always will.

so whether you take me back or throw these letters out and find someone else, know that there will never be a moment where i don't think about you, and where i don't love you.

i love you, charlotte rose isabela williams. never, ever, think that i don't.

-ashton fletcher irwin