amnesia

it had been a couple of very busy days for charlie. she had been applying for jobs and going to interviews. halfway through her last year in school she had decided to take a year break between school and university, so she was going to make as much money as possible before travelling around.

because of how busy she was, charlie didn't open another envelope. she didn't forget about them - they were always in the back of her mind. she just didn't have the time.

when she had a break a couple of days later, she was in her room and her gaze kept being drawn back to the haphazard pile of envelopes that had been carelessly thrown in to the corner.

charlie sighed and stood up, walking over to the envelopes. she was hesitant in picking up the next envelope but she needed to know what had been going on in ashton's head. she reached for the next envelope and ripped it open, then pulled out both pieces of paper and unfolded the note.

"char,

ash was too sad and luke was too busy so yo bitch it me, michael. this is a rlly fuckin sad one n u fucked w ashton so bad im probs never goin to fully trust you again so. this is amnesia i hope u feel bad X"

char sighed at the note. she had never been particularly close with michael, and reading the note just reinforced the feelings of insecurity and discomfort she used to have when she was around him. she dropped the note on to the floor and opened the paper with the song on it.

straight away char could tell was going to be a sad song. as she read the verse she realised that it had been written when she had her new, shitty boyfriend who didn't treat her the way he should.

the song really brought home the impact of when she had broken up with ashton. he had come home on a week long break and she had invited him over. when he got there, she started to cry. "ashton, i think we need to break up."

ashton had cried and begged. char had cried and begged, but for different reasons. she managed to get him to go an hour later, and cried solidly for the next three days.