gotta get out

"char,

this one is gotta get out. it's quite a cute song but in ur relationship w ash in this context it's sad so don't get too upset, ur the baddest bitch u slay. ps ash was too sad so luke wrote this yo". charlie grinned at the note. she could tell ashton hadn't written it because although ashton had horrible handwriting, it wasn't quite as bad as the writing on the sheet.

she sighed as she opened the page with the song lyrics on it. reading the beautiful lyrics ashton had written her was leading her through a rollercoaster of emotions and she wasn't sure if she wanted to read the next song her love had written her. however, she did.

the second charlie began to fully read the lyrics, she was thrown back to a time of love and loss. thrown back to a time where she would love and stick by ashton even if the sky was crumbling down. thrown back to a time where she would rather die than leave ashton.

however, as the third and fourth verses approached, char could see how the song was a sad song. it began to mention ashton feeling lost and alone, and him feeling like everything was falling down. she felt a tear run down her cheek as she silently continued to read the lyrics. when she reached the bridge, the feeling of uncertainty was emphasised as the lyrics read "and as our love will go out on a high note". char felt this as a blow to the stomach.

the song was implicitly about how the love was going at 100mph and, although ashton loved it, he thought it would only end up crashing and burning, so he contemplated breaking up with her while their love was on a "high note".