everything i didn't say

"this is everything i didn't say"

charlie frowned at the note in her left hand, and switched her gaze to the other piece of paper in her possession. she began to read the lyrics.

the song, although supposed to be upbeat, was actually a very sad one. "i was wrong, i admit, numb from your kiss while you were slipping through my finger tips" were very sad lyrics about how despite the fact they're showing you physical affection, they can still be slipping away from you.

the song then went on to mention the letters that he'd saved, which charlie assumed were the ones sat in a pile on the end of her bed, all in various states of having being ripped open and read through multiple times.

charlie felt a tear drop down her face as she read the second verse, especially when he mentioned "holding onto a broken and empty heart. flowers i should've bought, all the hours i lost, wish i could bring it back to the start." the fact that ashton wanted to go back to the beginning because he felt like he had messed it up that much really upset her. she had never wished to rewind because she'd loved the memories so much.

then she read the bridge, and she saw that ashton thought that they'd pass each other by easily but until then he would wish that he could have made her stay.

"taking every breath away, with all of the mistakes i made, from all the letters that i saved, this is everything i didn't say. i wish i could have made you stay, and i'm the only one to blame, i know that it's a little too late, this is everything i didn't say."

love story {afi}On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara