This Is Where It All Begins

Against All Odds.

Nova was a seventeen year old with jet black hair and blue eyes. She had stretched ears, and snake bites. Her favorite band on the entire planet is Slipknot, She draws, sings and is over all amazing at everything she does yet she doesn't see it. She doesn't have many hobbies just the two. She lives with her dad because her mom decided to leave and live with her boyfriend in some far away land unknown to her. Her mom basically just told her to go live with her dad, but it was more so “Go live on your own because your dad is never home.”

Nova was sitting outside of a McDonald's smoking a cigarette before she went in and bought some of the cancerous food. She didn't want to but at the moment it was all she could get. She got up and flicked her cigarette into the parking lot. As she walked in she stood next to someone that was waiting for their order. He looked over at her, “Nova?” He asked. She looked up at the stranger to only realize he isn't a stranger at all. “Hi Kai." She said unamused.  Kai is Nova's ex, he's a total dick wad and should have never let her go but he did. Honestly Nova didn't even care, she just was annoyed by him, he wasn't exactly a person she liked. “How're you?” He asked her. She rolled her eyes but he didn't notice, “I'm fine, you?” She said, he was the last person she wanted to talk to. Actually the way she looked at it was that if they were the last two people on earth she'd walk as far away as possible so she didn't have to socially interact with him. She clearly hated him.

“I'm good, so do you still sing and stuff?” He asked awkwardly confusing Nova, why would he even care? “Yeah, sometimes. Why?” She said. “My band needs a vocalist. We can't find any one that's good, enough.” Nova smirked, “Is it the same band, Damien, hayden, and Ty?” she asked. “Yep. I'm actually here picking up food for every one.” he answered. “Oh. Well that's cool?” she said walking up to the counter to order. “Well the reason I'm telling you is because I want you to come hang out. Maybe sing for us?” Nova paid for her order and looked at Kai. “Yeah I don't think so.” She said as she picked up her bag with her fries in it. “Come on Nova please.” Nova shook her head and laughed. “You aren't going to stop asking are you?” “No I'm not. Come on you won't regret it.” Nova sighed and agreed.

They walked out to Kai's car, Nova wasn't looking forward to what laid ahead. Kai wasn't the only one who was her ex. Damien was too. He was the biggest dick wad, she hated him more than she hated Kai . Back to the last people on earth scenario; if she, Damien and Kai were the last three people on earth and she HAD to talk to at least one of them. She'd choose Kai. That's how much she hated Damien. It wasn't that he treated her badly, because he didn't. It was just how everything ended and the things that were said when it did. She wasn't looking forward to seeing him. It actually scared her, what if the feelings came rushing back. What would happen?

They pulled up to a red brick house that looked small on the outside but was much bigger on the inside. She knew this because she spent time with Damien in that house. Cuddling, making out, sharing laughs. It saddened her to have to step foot in that house again with out holding Damien 's hand, but she did it anyway. “Hey guys I found our new vocalist!” Aaron yelled. “You found our new vocalist at Mcdonald's? What in the actual fuck?” Hayden yelled back. Kai laughed, “You guys I think you might know her!” At that you could hear the loud foot steps of all of the guys, Hayden stepping in first, “Oh no..” He said quietly so Nova didn't hear, but she did. “Oh yes.” “What's the prob—Nova?” Damien said as he walked into the room. “Kai, are you retarded?” Damien asked. Everyone just stood in silence and watched a fight about to unfold. “No she's a good singer, can't you just put your differences aside and think of the band?” Nova shook her head. “You're asking the guy that has the biggest ego ever to set aside differences, you're also asking him to think of something other than himself. I learned the hard way that, that isn't something he can do.”

No one knew what to say, everyone knew she was right. Damien did have a huge ego, he thought he was the best at anything and everything he did. He thought that he should be praised for every good deed. But he rarely ever did those. The truth was, Nova said that not to make a point but to hide the fact being around him was hurting her.

-picture is Nova and the chapter title is lyrics from Puppets(the first snow) by motionless in white)