I Never Wanted Anybody More Than I Wanted You

Against all odds

Nova was sleeping soundly on her couch until someone walked in and started to wake her up. "Nova wake up." They spoke. "Nooo!" She groaned. "Wake the fuck up!" Nova knew who it was now, she opened her eyes and looked at her friend Jasmine, "What the fuck do you want?" she asked sitting up and searching for a cigarette and lighter, Jasmine handed her both and spoke, "School starts in an hour." Nova blew out the smoke from her now lit cigarette, "Fuck me." She got up and started to get dressed. Putting on a thin layer of eyeliner, her hair in a bun and throwing on whatever clothes she could find. She didn't even want to deal with school, but there were only three days left and then she'd be a high school graduate.

"So whats this about you joining Kai's band?" Jasmine asked. Nova looked over at her confused. "What? I never agreed?" Jasmine looked back at her, "They announced it last night, you guys even have a gig at the coffee shop for open mic night. "Oh that's just fan-fucking-tastic isn't it. Goddamn bitches not even asking permission." Nova complained. "I don't see why you're complaining. This is your dream." Jasmine told her, "Yeah but do you think I really want to be around Damien? I mean come on." "Yeah but this is still your dream. Just do it once. Maybe you'll like it.. We should go over there after school." Jasmine said. "Yeah okay."

The got to school with ten minutes to spare, Nova stood by her locker when she felt a pair of hands go over her eyes. "Guess who?" The "mystery" person said. "hmm I don't know.. It wouldn't be Cameron now would it?" "Damn it." He said Nova laughed and turned around. "How'd you know?" He asked her, "I could smell the coffee and cigarettes." she said hugging him. "Wanna skip with me today?" Nova looked up at him, "I can't I need to pass this year." Cameron pouted, "FFFiinnne be lame. See you at lunch?" Nova nodded, Cameron kissed her cheek and left. Cameron was Nova's best friend, they were so close you would think they were dating. They did everything together. The secret was, that wasn't even a secret was that Nova was absolutely madly in love with him. She has been for years, but he doesn't feel the same.

Nova got her things out of her locker and started walking to her first class. She walked in and sat at her seat all the way in the back. Not even fifteen minutes into the class she saw her friend Mariela walk by and signal for her to meet her in the back of the school. She sighed lightly too her self and asked the teacher for the hall pass. Nova walked out to the back of the school and saw Mariela and Jasmine waiting for her. "What?" She said when she stepped all of the way out. "We're skipping and you're coming." Mariela said. "What about Cam? I told him I wasn't." "I texted him" Jasmine said and sure enough Cameron came bursting through the door gasping for air. "I thought you weren't skipping! I had to use the "If you don't let me go take a piss right now I'll whip my cock out and piss where i'm sitting." "Jesus, you still use that after four years? You'd think they'd catch on." Nova said while handing him a cigarette. "Well it worked. She let me out right away. "I just gave him my last cancer stick, I need more lets go to the store."

They went to the store and killed time at a near by park by this time Nova was now walking into the coffee shop, "Hey mother fuckers. Why didn't you ask me if I wanted in or not?" she said as she plopped down on a couch. "We assumed you did?" Kai said. "I guess it's cool.." She said as she looked at her phone. "So gig Saturday?" she asked. "No not anymore, the called off the open mic night. We'll just have practice then. Can we meet at your house?" Hayden said. "Yeah sure whatever." she said not even looking up from her phone.

It was now Saturday and Nova was cleaning up and getting things ready for band practice. All they were really doing today was talking about ideas they had for the band and what direction they wanted to go. Once the guys got there Nova was already done with the idea of them being there. She just sat back and listened. She wasn't sure if her ideas would even be considered so she didn't speak out. Every thing the guys were saying weren't going to get them anywhere but she didn't speak out. She just sat back and listened. It was all she ever did with anything.

-picture is Cameron, title of the chapter is lyrics from The Nameless by Slipknot.