Chapter 4: The People that hurt you the most

Tomorrow I get released from the hospital. So far in the past 2 weeks the only people that have visited me was Stella, Michael, Carlos, Valerie and Pearl yet the woman who claims she saved me hasn't even visited me once.

I'm still not buying the story , I bet she blackmailed the actuall person who saved me into keeping silence and let my mother take the glory. As far as I know, my mother is capable of anything.

But as always Carlos is here to cheer me up. He spent the whole two weeks in the hospital with me. I mean, isn't he just the sweetest.
" Hey pumpkin, I brought you a sandwich from the cafeteria" said Carlos

"Thanks sweetie"

"So, I know you don't like to talk about her but, have you heard anything from your mom?"

"Not a word" I said in total disgust

"Don't worry because tomorrow we are going to spend the whole evening together"

"Were are we going?"

" I was thinking maybe the park and then we could go back to my place"

"Sounds great, can't wait"

Being in the hospital is boring so I've been texting a lot with my friends and staying updated on what's my sisters were abouts. While doing that I got an e-vite to Pearls 16th birthday on Friday. She is gonna were this one of a kind dress and the party is gonna be awesome. She says she hired a sushi chef, a DJ and she even got a chocolate fountain for a bar full of candy.

I don't know if by the time of the party I'll be able to even dance. The doctor says I'll be at least a month with that cast on. Maybe I shouldn't go, I know she is my friend but I won't be able to do anything. Besides I can always just send her a gift card and a card saying happy birthday. But will she ever forgive me ? She is not the most understanding person I know. Once in the fifth grade Jessica ate her cupcake and she hasn't talked to her since.

The nurse came to give me my food. She was old and skinny almost fragile. We started talking about how I would be leaving and so on and so on. Anyways she told me to be careful but then she said the weirdest thing "this town is full of secrets that you wouldn't understand make sure to stay away from the people or things that hurt you the most and you will be safe". I didn't quite understand what she ment by that. But I don't know maybe she is just crazy because she is so old that I don't even know why she hasn't retired yet or even have dismissed her from the hospital.