Chapter 5: The crumbled letter

Michael has been taking good care of me. Since Carlos has to concentrate on his studies if he wants to graduate this year . He has been offering to take care of me but I didn't want to distract him. Being in a wheelchair sucks, I miss being able to walk. Michael would pick me and Stella up and take us to school since I couldn't drive anymore for now.
I haven't been able to talk to Andy yet. He has been busy with his basketball practices and the tournemant. I really want to talk about what my mother said even though I know it's not true. Maybe I'll get a chance to talk to him during gym class.

Mr. Donagen's class is the lamest class there is, he makes history sound as boring enough as it is. I looked to my left and I saw Michael writing in a notebook.

"What are you writing? There's nothing on the board and Donagen is barely speaking" I said with curiosity

"It's nothing" he said then quickly closed the notebook and placed it in his bag.

" Come on, what are you hiding?" The bell rang and he ran away before he could answer my question but a crumpled up paper did fall out of his bag. I reached out my hand and grabbed it without falling from the wheelchair. The paper read like this:

Day 32:

It's been too long I have to confess. I'm a coward for not speaking out my true feelings for her. If I don't tell her eventually she will find someone else. The time has come, I'll tell her on sunday night at the school's rooftop. Were no one is there to interrupt. I know it's stupid to write in a journal but I like expressing my feelings in writing, It calms me down. Georgia will be so relieved that I told her. But I'm nervous, what if she says no. What if she doesn't feel the same way as I do ? Will it even be worth it? What if she never looks at me the same? After that I'm gonna burn this journal to make sure no one ever sees it.

Michael + Val

The page torn up a little bit on were it says "Val" but I quickly knew, it clearly said Valerie. Still can't believe he is gonna do it, I couldn't be more proud. Also I can feel the chemistry between them, she clearly has to feel the same way.