Chapter 16: The Goodbye

How could this be? That witch? She is... my mother? I take back what I said about wanting a different mother. But It can't be true it just can't.

"Did you listen to me? I said let's go hurry" Michael said.

"Go without me" I said with a very low and shocked voice.

"What?"

"I SAID GO!!! AND PROMISE ME YOU ARE NOT COMING BACK FOR ME" I screamed out loud crying.

"What about your sister?" Pearl asked.

I go towards my sister. I look down on her and hug her very tightly.

"You promised you would take care of her. So please.... don't break your promise Michael" I said sobbing.

"NO I WON'T LEAVE, I WOULD NEVER LEAVE YOU...AND I'M NOT GOING ANYWHERE UNTIL YOU DO" Michael screamed and grabbed my arm.

"Let.... GO" I screamed and suddenly sparks come bursting out of my hands that blast Michael to the wall.

"MICHAEL!!!" Valerie screamed. She goes running towards Michael.

Pearl and Andy look at me with fear and shocked because of what they just saw.

"Georgia.... What did you do?" Pearl asked.

" No... No No No I didn't mean to do that I swear" I said.

"Who are you? Or what are you?" Andy asked me.

"I'm... I'm a... I am a witch" I said not keeping it anymore and not denying anything " And as long as you are around me the more you are in danger"

"You're a what?" asked Pearl.

"Go now while you have the chance. Or she will kill all of you. So I'm begging you guys to go....NOWW" I said.

"Michael.... Michael please wake up. Please you have to wake up" Valerie said sobbing.

" I'm fine" Michael said. He stands up and looks at me."I promise I'll take care of her"

My eyes fill with tears. "I love you guys and I don't want to lose you... but this is the only way you'll be safe" I said.

"I hate to say it but I guess she's right. And I have read a lot of science fiction novels to know that if were just mortals we don't stand a chance against that witch" said Andy.

"I refuse to believe that. What about the good guys always win" said Pearl.

"I wish it were true. But this is reality. And the good guys don't always win" Michael said.

"Go the train is about to leave" I said.

"Goodbye... Georgia" said Valerie

"Bye big sis" said Stella.

They all get on the train. I watch as my little sister looks back at me with a sad look on her face then gets on the train. I watch as everyone I love and care about leave before my very eyes. What has my life become? Or better yet. What was my life up until this point? I wish I could die knowing that they're safe. But I know that as long as that witch and I breathe.... nobody is safe.