Chapter 4

Zaira's P.O.V

I woke up on a soft bed with a huge headache. I opened my eyes and stared at the ceiling, wait this isn't my turquoise room, this room ia white. What am I doing here? I thought of what happened before i blacked out, then it came back to me, MY MOM she is alive not dead, for 16 years the mother that I thought was dead is alive and is living in the Neighbouring pack. I sat up and climbed out of the warm bed and walked towards the door which I'm assuming is the bathroom, my theory was answered when i opened the door only to reveal a beautiful white bathroom. I walked to the sinked and splashed some water in my face and suddenly I got a vision :

####Vision###

I stared at my mother, but she was younger and holding 2 babies. Beside her was a unknown man.

"Do I have to fake my death?" My mother asked with hurt in her voice.

"Angela you have to split Zaira from Zack. It's too dangerous what will you do if Richard finds both of them together, then it's over he will use their powers for evil and the mermaid world can't afford that. They are the chosen ones and they need to be separated until they shift. I'm sorry that I have to do this to you, my own daughter but they have to split." My mother looked at her father with sadness and shock.

"I hate doing this. Twins should not be split, they should grow up together, how will I explain one day that they had to be separated because they are the chosen ones, that will save all the supernatural world."

"When the time comes you will figure it out."

"How will I know the powers they have." She looked down at the two babies( my brother and I) and then back at her father.

"This book will tell you everything you need to know" he says while putting a big book on the table beside her"but they have to be together to open the book. A week after they turned 16 they will turn into their mermaid forms. I will tell your mate about your death, in the meanwhile I need you to take Zack and go to the neighbouring pack there you will join the pack and live as normally as possible. When the day comes faith will bring them together and they will complete their destinies."

"Daddy?" Mother asked

"Yes princess?"

"Does he know about me?"

"He ia waiting outside, he knows about you having twins, but you will'die' with Zack still in your womb and only Zaira survived. Now go he is waiting in the waiting room, I didn't  allow him to come inside to see you." My mother just nodded. Her father kissed me and my mother on the foredhead and walked out...

###Vision end###

I stared at myself in the mirror. My eyes were green, my face pale and I was sweating. I looked down at my shaking hands and back at my reflection in the mirror, my eyes were back to normal and my face looked normal again.

I turned off the tap and walked back into the room and sat on the bed. While sitting on the bed my mind started to drift back to the vision and millions of questions spinned through my head

Did my father know she faked her death? Was that one of my  powers? Why didn't he tell me I had a twin brother? Where is the book now? Where is my grandfather now?

I was brought back to reality when the door flew open revealing a very confused Zack.

"Zaira, we need to talk I had a vision and I need to tell you about it"

"Was it about our birth? And the fact thatour mother faked her death?" He stared at me in disbelief

"Wait so you had the same vision?" He asked and I nodded my head in agreement. He walked towards me and sat on the open spot next to me.

"What is dad like?" He asked and i could hear the sadness in his voice.

"Well he is the Alpha of our pack and he is n great father, well excluding the fact that he never told me that my mother'sa mermaid. But he is really a great man, very friendly and always helpful, he doesn't even act like a Alpha, except if you disrespect him of course. He did a real great job raising me and he has a very soft heart, like once we went for a run in human form, okay well of course since I wasn't able to shift yet and we found a baby boy at the border line with a tag that said Chase. He adopted him and raised him as his own." I kept of babbling about my father, but immediately stopped when I saw the sad and hurt expression on his face. When he saw me lookingat him he covered his expression with no emotion at all and spoke"He sounds like a wonderful man, I wish I knew him." I just nodded my head and hugged him, he was shocked but hugged me back.

Zack's P.O.V

I was shocked when she hugged me, but I hugged her back. I knew that she could see my sadness of not knowing her dad and I appreciated her trying to make me feel better. I pulled away and stared into her blue eyes and I saw a glint of anger, but it was gone before I could be sure that it was there.

"Zaira, I don't know about you, but I want answers from my mother and I want it now." I said and she nodded her head.

I stood up and started making my way to my mother room with her following close behind. When we came to the door i knocked and waited for a reply.

"Come in" she said and Zaira and I made our way inside. When she saw us she looked afraid and shocked at the same time.

"Mother we need to talk and I think it's best if we talk in my office " she gulped and nodded her head slowly while looking down at her hands. We walked  out  the room towards my office. I walked inside and sat at my chair behind and my desk while Zaira sat at the couch in the corner and my mother sat at the couch on the opposite side of the room. Nobody wanted to start a conversation and i could feel the awkward silence hanging in the air.

"I can explain.." my mother said breaking the silence. I nodded my head and staired at Zaira who is playing with her fingers. "I was forced to separate you two,my father forced me to do it, I had no choice but to obay him. You two are in great danger and if I didn't separate you might have been kidnapped and then I would've lost you both."she paused but before she could continue i cut her off"Mom we saw a vision of the day when you had to give us up we know you were forced, but we need to know why we are in danger and whay powers we poses."

"The powers are in the book and the man that's after you is my ex-boyfriend, before I met my mate, he found out that I was a mermaid and about the curse that a witch put on my family after they didn'twant to give her a mermaid wish. The curse states that we will receive powers, powers thay any mermaid will dream of, but the powers can bring good or evil and there was a prophecy that there will be two twins that will save the mermaid race from extinction, Richard found out about this and tried to get closer to my family and everyone else so he can kidnap these children. When i found out I threatened him and said I will tell my father about his plans and that he will not get away with it, but that's when i met your father and everything just happened and before I knew it I had you two and everything took a random turn when I had to leave your father and everything. A few years later Richard confronted me and told me that he will find my children and make them evil, but he was gone before i could reply and I never saw him again and i hoped thay you two will never find each other, but then Zaira came on our territory and well you know the rest.."I stared at my mother and saw she was crying Iwent towarda her and hugged her trying to comfort her between her hiccups I heard her say"Zack...alpha...neighbouring..pack...about...rogue...problem." but before I could reply the Alpha walked into my office and I was shocked when i heard Zaira and The Alpha say mate...