Chapter 14

Zack's P.O.V

Usually the guy is the thoughest, isn't scared a bit always looking super awesome, like a knight not scared to slay the dragon, but in my case it was the complete oppsite, I was scared, really scared I wouldn't be able to live without Grace, Sam not even my new sister and knowing that a crazed lunatic is after the powers you posses isn't helping a bit and then of course its problem after problem, like now where I'm as confused as ever trying to figure out what my mothers words meant the other day, we've been practising and we're finally getting a hang off it.

Currently it was early Saturday morning, the dim light shining through the curtains, Grace's face burried in the crook of my neck and my mother's words playing over in my head

"Something's very wrong, when you shifted you should've communicated. Maybe this is why you've been struggling with your powers or your wolfs wouldn't allow it. But it still didn't make sense on the shift the mermaid gene becomes stronger than the werewolf gene, which causes the mermaid to communicate with the owner. Somethings not right"

We pretty much kept practising after that or more like us practising everyone enjoying themselves and mom reading through the book for answers, have she gotten any, NO. See this is why I'm scared if we can't get answers then what are we going to do. We've pretty much covered all the powers

Telekinesis
Element control
Talking to animals
Invisibility
Sending powers to others in need
Wishes
Controlling others
Making others see what you want them to see
Invincibility against heat and cold
Seeing the future/past
Creating whirlpools
Shifting from one place to the next by thought

That was basically all of them, only problem being we haven't perfected all off them and it's really making me nervous, since I can feel the war approaching, the only upside being that today Grace will join my pack, Sam Zaira's when she returns with dad and Drake and then Luke and Andy will be going back as well, that little guy have really grown on me, though he sleeps a lot for a two year old and isn't around lot the times I've seen him he was really polite, although he couldn't say much obviously, I pulled Grace closer to my body, resting my chin on her head, taking in her glorious scent while staring at the bit of sunlight shining through the curtains, trying to calm mt thoughts down a bit, but Grace trying to pry herself out my hold brought me back to reality, her sea green stared up at me as ahe struggled against my hold, making my hold tighter.

"Zack, release me"she mumbled

"No"I stated firmly with an amused smirk on my face as I stared down at my struggling mate

"I gotta pee, release me"I chuckled abd released her from my firm hold and watched as she scurried away to the bathroom; closing the door behind her causing me to drift back to all the things going on and running a pack didn't help even a bit.

"Want some coffee"I yelled towards Emily and after hearing a small yes I got up and walked out the door making sure not to make any noise as I descended the stairs and walked into our big kitchen, no body was up yet, but they'll be coming down shortly, I switched on the coffee pot and while that was brewing, I started making my beautiful mate some breakfast eggs,  bacon, sausage, toast with jam and then the coffee. After making coffee and the breakfast, I put everything on a plate and a tray with a small little flower, yes I was a very romantic mate. I made my way up the stairs, being careful not to fall and it didn't,  I walked into our room, hearing the shower in the background and me doing a happy dance at not lettibg the things fall, I slowly walked over to the small table in my room and sat in down on a small table, while sitting down at the arm chair and waiting for my mate as my mind started to drift off the everything that happened in a matter of about two weeks,  me shifting finding Zaira turning into a merman, finding out that someone wants to kill everyone I love and my mate, developing powers and then now. It was quite a lot to take in, but finally everything isn't going wrong, well except that we're going to fight a complete maniac in a week or two maybe, I heard the shower turning off and the footsteps of my mate approaching me with only the small white towel around her wet body.