Chapter 23

Zaira's P.O.V

My eyes fluttered open and I was met with a blinding white light, my arms and legs felt very heavy. I squinted slightly and then I saw the straps, two on my arms and legs. There was a light placed right in front of my eyes and my clothes had changed from the dress to something more comfortable. I tried to scream, but my throat was too dry to even speak. The serum that they have been injecting me clearly still in my body and I realised only now the big reason why they are injecting it.

It's busy killing my werewolf part so they can only extract the mermaid half, but the big question was how.

By taking me out of course

I jumped in surprise when I realise who it was, she has almost never talked to me before, but before I could open a door in the corner of the room had burst open to reveal Luke and the creepy maid lady from the dinner.

"It's time sweet pea"his voice sent shivers down my spine. A cold heartless sound that filled every part of me with hatred fired by the love I had as a mate. I tried standing up, but my legs failed underneath me and I was once again met with the cold feeling of the concrete beneath me, sighing loudly Luke walked over to me and grabbed me by the hair and started pulling me away from the  confined space I've been living in. The maid lady only followed behind, not daring to look my way. He dragged me down the corridor and into a nearby room, it almost smelled like a hospital only a hint of dust mixed with it.

"Strap her on the table. I'm getting  Gilbert"Luke demanded turning around forcefully and walking out the door, leaving me behind with the two guys he just spoke to. They catiously made their way over to me, but once they realised I was too weak to even try and defend myself they took larger steps and was within my reach in seconds. Pulling me up by my arms they practically threw me down onto the table and strapped me down tightly before returning back to their post by the door. One of them took out  a walkie talkie and spoke softly into it.

"Ahh you must be Zaira"A man dressed in a lab coat and scrubs walked in followed closely by Luke. My inside churn at the thought of the events that will soon happen."Such a lovely girl indeed and it will be such a great pity, tsst tsst tsst"the guy stated suddenly appearing infront of me, he smirk down at me and licked his lips devilishly.

"Gilbert stop fantasizing and get this over with. Now!" Gilbert didn't even flinch at Luke's booming voice and simply walked over to him, staring into his eyes and spoke"Well remember our deal, I make the transition and then..." he waits patiently for Luke to finish his sentence

"I'll allow you all the werewolf blood in the whole wide world"and then it clicked, he was a vampire. He is going to transfer my powers by use of my blood probably and then he will drink werewolf's blood and become stronger than a 100 werewolves combined.

"Excellent, so is everything ready for the extraction"Luke nodded"well well please place the potion here on the table to my right and then we will begin"Gilbert explained with his hands before his cold lifeless eyes landed on me and a smirk made its way onto his lips once more. I felt uncomfortable under his intense lustful gaze, but I was powerless."Now Zaira the only way for me to extract that mermaid blood is by you giving it willingly to me."

"I will never give it to you" I spatted my voice finally returning as I stared into his gaze my body full of hatred and anger. I felt my strength slowly returning as if I'm being fuelled by this sudden rush of emotions.

"We thought you would say that"Luke said appearing in my line of sight once more. I stared at him confused and my mind started racing for ideas, but nothing came up"Bring her in"he demanded to the two guards and they swiftly turned around and returned a few minutes later with a bush of blonde hair in one hand and a small limp body following in his wake.

"Grace!"I yelled trying to force my way out the straps for the very first time, I struggle endlessly but it was no use. The guard threw her barely alive body down on the ground, she was badly bruised and I couldn't even imagine what they did to her.

"Now Zaira, you will give the blood willingly or we kill your friend and her worthless pup here."Grace is pregnant, she's pregnant. I can't let her die.

"Fine"I say my voice cracking soflty as I spoke.

"Zaira no"A scratchy voice spoke below, her voice was barely a whisper.

"Who said you could speak"one of the guards yelled and stepped forward kicking her hard until her body went limp again.

"I'll do it, take the blood. But you have to let Grace go otherwise I won't give it to her"

"Yes I will"

"No I want you to do it now"

"I will do it afterwards you filthy hybrid, now give us the blood and your friend is set friend. And if you don't I will simply just kill her now and you will watch every single second of it, hear every scream as I slowly kill her."his voice sounded harsh and I could practically hear the bloodlust in his voice as he spoke.

"Okeyy okeyy I will"Luke nodded in satisfaction and motioned for Gilbert to step forward and take the lead. He didn't hesitate in taking a step forward, I saw his fangs grow larger inside his mouth and before I knew it he sunk them into my neck.

A piercing scream escaped my lips as my whole body was enveloped in an unbearable pain. I felt my body shaking and thrashing, trying to break away from the straps holding me down but it was no use. It felt like the pain wouldn't stop and soon I felt Gabriel take and step back, turning my neck slightly I saw him waiting for all the blood to drip into the potion. My body was on fire again and I started shaking once more, my mind was cut off and it felt like someone was ripping me into pieces. I couldn't think, I couldn't even breath all I wanted was for it all to stop and then everything will be over. The only thing that kept me awake was Grace and the idea of hee being pregnant with my brother's child. The pain stop and then I heard her speak.

"Well well Richard, looks like you finally got your way. Are you happy now that you will be power and yet still as worthless as always" my mind was fuzzy, but the words were loud and clear.

"Shut up"I heard him say through clenched teeth imagining his large hands balled into fists as he spoke.

"Now now Richard why don't you do us all a favour and go back to your real form"

"Shut up"

"Oh come on, show the people who you really are"I felt my mind clearing and I could finally see the scene unfolding infront of me, my straps have been loosened and there I saw my mermaid sitting on the group fearlessly talking to him. His hands were balled into tight fists and I could see a way ready to pop near his head, my heart was racing as her words rang through my mind.

Who you really are?

What did she mean by this, but before I could think over the endless of possibilities Luke transformed into a grey haired man, a few inches shorter and not a strong. His face wrinkled and old, his back slightly slouching and his face sneering down at her.

"I said shut up" the man spoke, Luke's voice gone replaced by a deep raspy voice that sent chilles down my spine.

This was the real Richard, but where is Luke?