Chapter 26

Zaira's P.O.V

Before I could even dare pull them apart, Luke shifted and snarled back at the blonde wolf. Being an Alpha made him much stronger and larger than the other wolf, dominance seeping off him in waves. He didn't attack or anything as we all thought he would, he snarled at the guy one more time and sat back on his hind legs cocking his head to the side slightly.

The other wolf looked surprise to say the least and that's when Luke shifted back to human form and just walked out the hospital like nothing ever happened, I stood there shell shocked. Some of the guard arrived and took the blonde wolf away.

"I'm going to go back to Zack, Grace is probably all cleaned up by now"Sam said soflty and walked away leaving me in the middle of a crowded corridor. I snapped out of my thoughts when someone bumped into me, realising what just happened and took off out of the hospital. Luke was leaning against a tree playing with a pebble in his hand, it started levitating a bit and fell back in his hand instantly, he looked frustrated but tried again.

"What was that?"I asked stopping dead in my tracks and staring at the fallen pebble, his head snapped up to me and guilt quickly crossed his features"Luke what the hell was that? First you probably back out of a fight and now you are standing here levitating a fricken rock. Oh and just wonderful your nose isn't broken anymore, that's not normal werewolves can't heal just like that!"I practically screamed at him, what is going on? He stood there and took him every word I'm saying before sighing and indicating for me to follow him into the woods. I looked back at the hospital and saw no, turning around again and reluctantly following him into the woods. He stopped at another tree, putting the pebble in his pocket and sitting down on the ground like a child. I stared at him confused for a bit, but eventually sat down as well.

"There is a part of my story that I never told you about"he started.

"Yeah clearly"I snapped back anger bubbling throughout my body."sorry"I mumbled once I saw his annoyed face, clearly not happy with my interruption.

"While I was inside that cell something happened"he cleared his throat not daring to meet my eyes."you were already there and it was killing to know this, well one night Richard barged into my cell. I was weak and barely awake, they carried me out the cell towards the room where you were taken on this morning. They injected me with something and I fell asleep almost immediately afterwards, when I woke up two guards barged in and carried me to a clearing outside. Richard demanded me to do things, that were practically impossible. He started shouting at me, making me angrier and angrier by the minute and then suddenly he was pinned against a tree but I was standing on the other side pf the clearing. I was shocked to say the least and demanded he give me answers, he told me that the previous night they had taken some of your blood and mixed it with that serum and sprayed it into my body. I was their test dummy, they were planning on killing me once they had enough of your blood and then you would probably die from the broken mate connection or in the battle, but that all failed." I couldn't even form any words, he had powers. Some of my powers.

"But I still had telekinesis when my mermaid returned"I said softly, racking my brain for any answers on how this could be possible.

"I actually asked Richard if your powers would then be gone, because I took some of it now. He told me that, it didn't actually make sense, he explained that because your mermaid wasn't removed and only a part of your blood was removed it meant that your mermaid could regenerate these powers that you lost. That is why you..."

"Why I could use the powers he already had before my mermaid and I re-united"I said cutting him off completely. He nodded in response, still not daring to meet my eyes as he played with the pebble in his hands.

"Hey"I said grabbing his hands and he finally looked into my eyes"I'm not mad or even disappointed. If anything I'm a bit glad about this, so stop feeling like you failed me"

"But I did, first I didn't tell you about Andy. Then I, an Alpha, got kidnapped by a crazy guy. The exact same guy that was threatening my mate and I did nothing. I didn't help fight at the battle or commanded my pack to help you guys and now I lied about this whole thing. I failed being you mate" he mumbled the last part softly, barely loud enough for me to hear. His eyes drifted back down to the pebble in his one hand and it started levitating again, but fell back instantly."and I can't even do that right"he said with a soft chuckle trying to enlighten the mood.

"Don't you dare say that you failed as a mate, Luke you are one of the bravest people I have ever met. You are raising a child while running a pack as well. You didn't give up when you were stuck in those cells and you are here now and about the whole magic thing, that we can teach you. Don't you see, you feel like you failed yet you gained so much more that failure" he looked me in the eyes again, a loving look filling his soul as he gazed into my eyes. He leaned slightly forward, our lips inches apart  as our breaths mixed in the air before us. His soft plump lips inches away from mine, his eyes reading me like an open book and then he kissed me. I felt the slight electrical sparks running through my veins as the butterflies increased in my stomach, the world around us faded as we could finally express what has been pushed away all this time. His hands were on my waist as he drew little circle on the exposed skin where my shirt lifted up, his soft hair glided through my fingers as he deepened the kiss and galaxies exploded in the pit of my stomach. We finally pulled away, breathless our foreheads pressing against each other, eyes closed.

"You know we need to tell them this as well"I whispered softly, he only nodded but kept his eyes closed. We finally pulled away after a few more seconds and as I opened my eyes I saw that we were surrounded by small white little flowers. I looked up at Luke in awe, his face shocked to see what he had created.

"I think you need to learn" I chuckled softly, he nodded vigorously and kept inspecting the small flowers."Come on, lets go find Sam and Zack" I stood up from the ground and held my hand out to him which he took almost intstantly and before I could even think he pulled me down into his lap and kissed me.

"Luke!"I laughed struggling agaisnt his strong hold, this only made him chuckle. We stood up once more and this time he kissed me tenderly on the lips, the loving atmosphere returning around us.

"I couls get used to this"I mumbled softly making him chuckle.

"You and me both, you and me both"he whispered kissing my forehead one more time before tugging on my arm to walk away. I looked back at the white flowers and saw a mistletoe now hanging from the trees.