Chapter 17

Zack's P.O.V

It felt good to have Grace in my arms, the feeling of happiness that courses through my body when I'm around her it's just magical. I knew we didn't have much time left and it made me worry about the possibilites. Endless possibilities that can happen in the future.

"Zack I'm scared"I felt her tears dampen my shirt and it truly crushed me to see her this way, no one especially not Grace should feel like this.

"Hey"I said pulling back and looking her square in the eye"no one will hurt you okayy"she nodded slightly letting a few tesrs slip, but I was there to wipe them away.

"You now you're truly the best"she mumbled hugging me again. I chuckled slightly and led her to the couch, where she placed her head on my chest and played with my fingers" I can't wait till it's all over you know, then we can be together without any complications" there was hope in her voice, but I didn't have the heart to tell her the possibility of that never happening.

"Wanna watch a movie"I asked trying to sound a bit more natural and excited, but failing slightly

"Yeah sure. What you want to watch" she asked sitting upright and gazing into my eyes.

"You can pick"when I said those words I instantly regretted it, as a small smirk formed on her face.

"She's the man"she clapped her hands together and jumped of the couch. She looked more excited than a kid in a candy shop, her hair flailing in all directions. I watched her as she got the movie and placed it into the machine, pressing a few buttons and grabbing the remote.

"Quickly get that blanket"I pointed to the brown blanket next to her and she immediately picked it up, shuffling back to me and burying her head back into my chest. It felt good to wrap my arms around her, inder the warm blanket and watching a movie. Grace soon dozed off, her breathing more steady and her face more peaceful. I realized that this situation with Zaira and I have taken quite a toll on her and she truly needed some rest and I couldn't deny it, I wanted to stay here with her the whole night. I was about to get up when Zaira walked inside"hey I was about to come and get you"I said softly, a smile on my face.

"Well I was thinking, how about we take tonight off. We both need the rest"she suggested and I agreed without a second thought."Great, enjoy your movie."she turned around , but I quickly stopped her

"wait!"turning around she gave me a questioning look."tell Sam not to beat Drake's ass to hard, that girl is a ninja with monopoly and Zai get some rest"she smiled slightly and walked back to her game. I knew she thought I hadn't noticed them playing inside, I'm a werewolf hallo of course I'll notice. Grace stirred in my arms, but didn't wake up just moving closer and wrapping her arms around my waist. She mumbled a bit in her sleep, but I soon felt my eyes drooping and that's when I went into a dreamless slumber...

#####

"Zack wake up, come on Zack get your lazy little ass up man"I felt something poke my face and slapped it away.

"Zack man, come on dude. Zack, Grace has been kidnapped!" I immediately shot up armed, scanning the room. I couldn't see much with sleep still fresh in my mind, but the sound of laughter filled my ears and that's when it all came into focus. Sam and Zaira were laying on the floor laughing, clutching their stomachs as the did so.

"Where's Grace?"I asked not seeing her cuddled up next to me, my heart started racing and my wolf wanted to take over.

"I'm here"her voice filled my ears causing me to look up and see her standing near the kitchen door, shaking her head slightly with an amused smile plastered on her face.

"You were in on this"I pouted, crossing my arms over my chest. Grace just nodded, still with a smile on her face.

"It's so much more fun with other people"Sam said, standing up and trying to calm down her breathing. I chuckled slightly feeling a sense of relieve wash over me, seeing everyone is still save and here. It felt nice not having to worry for a bit, the feeling of something normal actually happenjng around here and not constant planning for a war, that hasn't even began yet.

Zaira gave me a knowing look and I knew she felt my emotions and read my thoughts, it felt weird having a person to actually share things with, without actually sharing. I could feel she felt the same way and it made me a slight bit more relaxed about this whole situation, I could feel she needed rest and it actually showed on her face as well.

I worked through the night

Her voice filled my mind and her words shocked me, why did she let me rest and work through the night planning things. I knew she read my thoughts and once again she answered

You needed it more than I did and Luke helped me with everything. Also I am the alpha's daughter so I can work out some plans.

I could hear the pride in her voice as she talked. I stood up from my spot and walked out of the room to my office, Zaira following behind. I knew Sam and Grace didn't want us to leave so quickly,  but we had to go. Once we reached my study, I saw Luke was still in there studying the plans, he nodded in response anf continued analizing.

"Looks good right"Zaira chirped, I nodded slightly and looked at the plans. It was really good, but we needed small changes. I didn't want to tell her, so I just nodded and sat down behind my desk.

"Okay, but I have to go back to my pack."Luke finally spoke enveloping Zaira in a hug and kissing her on the forehead.

"Can't you stay,  we could use your help"she looked heart broken at the fact that he had to leave again, but I as an alpha knows it's hard to leave your pack behind.

"No I'm sorry, but don't worry the day that it all starts I'll be here okayy"she nodded slightly as he shook my hand and left us alone.

"Okay come on what do you want to change"Zaira said once he was away from earshot, turning around with an raised eyebrow.

I smiled sheepishly and answered"Not much, only a few things here and there you know."I picked up a few of the men and started placing them in better places, it was my territory after all and I knew exactly where the best places are to place the men.

"Okay, so you basically going to change the whole thing right"

"Pretty much, it's really a great idea it's just..."

"You know your territory, yeah I know."

"How"

"Dad's always like that. I used to help with the attack plans , stayed up all night. Next morning he changes it all, but I kept on trying and eventually got a few right"

"So you wanna help me" she nodded and started babbling on about how this plan or maybe that plan might work and it felt truly as if I finally had a sister in my life.