Chapter Seven

| Your POV |

"I cannot believe that I let you take me bot fighting," you say through clenched teeth as you step inside the jail cell. Hiro, the only one in there with you, sighs. You just called your parents to explain everything. They are livid, and you're not looking forward to coming home in the least.

"Hey, you volunteered," he says, sitting back on the bench.

"I didn't think that you placed bets!" You defend yourself angrily. You pace across the floor. "Now what do I do? I'm so grounded! I'll never be allowed to leave the house again." You bury your face in your hands, regret and dread filling you. You take a seat next to Hiro on the cold metal bench.

"Hey," he says softly. His hand softly touches your shoulder. "I'm sorry. I really am. I didn't think that we would get arrested. Or even almost jumped! Speaking of that, thanks. You know, for sticking up for me back there? I would've understood if you had just left."

You drop your hands and look over at him. "That's not the kind of person I am," you say. Hiro smiles.

Your name is called and the jail cell is opened. You turn to Hiro and say, "I may of just met you, Hiro, but you're pretty cool. If I'm ever ungrounded, maybe I'll see you again."

You start to walk out when he says, "You can come to the Lucky Cat Cafe. I live above that place."

You smile. "Okay. See you."

He waves at you as you walk out.

-

Back at home, you're punished severely. Extra chores, no nightly walks, no allowance, super early bedtime. You don't complain, though. It's your fault you let the kid drag you to a bot fight, after all. And even though you'll probably never be allowed to leave your house until you're twenty, you aren't upset. Tonight was the most fun you'd had in years. It was a nice change, and it was all the adventure you'd been searching for.