Chapter Twenty-Seven

| Your POV |

The ride to Akuma Island is much more crowded than before. You're squished in between Hiro and Go Go. Honey Lemon is in Hiro's other side. Wasabi and Fred are both hanging on to Baymax's fists. It obviously doesn't look too professional, but Hiro will probably come up with a better idea later on.

"Killer view," Go Go says. You nod in agreement.

"Yeah," you hear Wasabi's nervous voice from below. "If I wasn't terrifed of heights, I'd probably love this. But I'm terrified of heights, so I don't love it."

The landing goes fairly smooth. Once safely on the pavement, Fred says, "Wow, our first landing together as a team!" You smile as he automatically starts doing fighting moves.

Everyone moves forward together. Wasabi gasps at a sign. "What is it?" you ask him.

"Quarantine?" He asks, "Do you know what quarantine means?"

"Quarantine," Baymax says, "Enforced isolation to prevent the spread of contamination."

Wasabi almost gags at the thought. "There's a skull face on that one," he says, pointing at one of the other signs. "A skull face!"

You roll your eyes. "Keep it cool, Wasabi," you hiss. "We need to be quiet and ready. You can't panic over a sign. If this guy is here, which he has been for quite some time, he's obviously fine."

Hiro nods. "She's right. Be ready. He could be anywhere." Suddenly, a twig snaps. Everyone turns around. You turn your scanner on and scan the threat as your team throws everything at it. When you realize what it is, you hold your hands out.

"Wait, wait!" you scream. "It's not him!" Everyone stops. The smoke clears and you see a bird. It flies away.

Honey Lemon laughs a little. "Well, at least we know our gear works."

"There goes the element of surprise," you mutter. You look at Hiro. "We should get moving. If he heard us, he'll probably flee soon."

Hiro nods. "Come on, guys. Wasabi, we're going to need your lasers." He points to the wall. Wasabi steps up and cuts out a messy hole on the surface. You and Hiro lead the way, Baymax right after. Everyone else follows down the dark hallway.

Halfway down, Fred starts to sing. "Six intrepid friends led by Fred, their leader, Fred. Fred's Angels, uh-uh-uh. Fred's Angels, uh-uh-uh. Harnessing the power of the sun with the ancient amulet they found in the attic, uh-uh-uh. The amulet is green, uh-uh-uh. It's probably an emerald-"

"Fred!" Wasabi interrupts. "I will laser hand you in the face!"

"Shh," Hiro hushes them. He turns to Baymax. "Any side of him, Baymax?"

"This structure is interfering with my sensor."

"Great," Wasabi mutters. "The robot's broken."

"Relax," Hiro says. He turns to you. "___? Can you get a reading?"

You nod and scan the walls. "If he's here," you announce, "he's pretty far away."

"Guys," Honey Lemon says, "You might want to see this." Everyone steps into the room. It's a huge lab, halfway destroyed.

Two large circular objects catch your eye. They almost looked like portals of some sort. You tap Hiro's shoulder and point to the two huge machines. Go Go catches on. "What do you think they are, genius?" she asks him.

"I'm not sure," he replies honestly. "But look." He points to the drawing of the bird symbol. You recognize it from the warehouse and the bay.

"Hiro," Honey calls. Everyone looks to where she is pointing. A tower that holds a control room. A flickering light is shining through the window. Hiro orders Baymax to go first. Everyone quietly rushes up the steps and barges in, but the room is empty. You walk up to the flickering TV screens.

"Silent sparrow," you read. Hiro looks over at you and gulps. He hits a key on the computer. Alistair Krei appears.

"It is Krei," you realize.

"We were asked to do the impossible," The Krei on the screen says. "And that's what we did. We've reinvented the very concept of transportation. Friends, I present Project Silent Sparrow." He takes a hat from one of the generals. "May I?" He tosses the hat in the gaping hole of the machine. Just seconds later, the next hat flies through the second machine.

"Whoa," Fred gasps, "Magic hat!"

"No," Hiro says.

"It's. . . a portal," you realize.

On the video, Krei continues, "Teleportation: the transport of matter instantaneously through space. Not science fiction anymore," he pauses for applause. "Now, we didn't spend billions of dollars to teleport hats. Ladies and gentlemen, you're here to witness history." He grabs a microphone and holds it to his lips. "Ready to go for a ride, Abigail?"

The pilot, a lady with light brown hair and a warm smile, says, "We've invited all these people; might as well give them a show."

"The first human teleportation in history, courtesy of Krei Tech Industries," He announces with pride. "Now. Let's get ready for launch."

"T-minus thirty seconds to launch," a computer announces.

"All systems go for pod launch," Krei says.

"Sir," a technician says, "we've picked up a slight irregularity in the field harmonics."

"Mr. Krei, is there a problem?" One of the generals asks.

"No, no problem," he waves it away. "It's well within the parameters. Let's move forward."

"Five, four, three, two. . . one. . . pod engaged." The pod shoots into the first portal. As soon as it disappears, alarms sound.

"We've lost all contact with the pilot!"

"Oh no," Honey whispers.

"The pilot is gone!"

"Shut it down, Krei! Shut it down now!"

Krei hits a kill switch and everything stops. The video screen goes black. Hiro shakes his head.

"Krei's using my microbots to steal his machine back. But why?" He asks.

Suddenly, your scanner picks up on something. A slight buzzing. "Guys, move!" You shout, but it's too late. Yokai throws a chunk of debris at you and your friends just as you grab Hiro. With a wave of the microbots, the entire tower crashes to the floor.