Chapter Thirty

| Hiro's POV |

When the team finally lands at Krei Tech, it's already happening. People are screaming and fleeing the scene. Callaghan is holding Krei hostage. The entire building is crumbling and flying towards the portal. Hiro slides off of Baymax. "Professor Callaghan!" He shouts, "Let him go!" His expression softens. "Is this what Abigail would have wanted?"

After recently realizing the reason behind all of this, Hiro understands. He relates to Callaghan. He became a hero because of Tadashi, Callaghan a villain because of Abigail. The only difference is the support. Hiro has it. Callaghan does not. How long has he been beating himself up over this hurt and guilt?

"Abigail is gone!" Callaghan replies.

"This won't change anything," Hiro says. "Trust me. I know."

"L-Listen to the kid, Callaghan," Krei says. "Please, just let me go. I'll give you anything you want."

Callaghan is silent for a moment. Then, "I want my daughter back!" He raises a hand towards the team and a huge wave of microbots shoots forward. Hiro immediately grabs your hand and pulls you with him. The team lands on the other side. He pulls you up into Baymax.

"Go for the mask!" he orders everyone. He shoots off towards Callaghan and flies around him. Suddenly, Callaghan sends a rope made of the bots. It grabs Baymax and yanks him down. You and Hiro fly through a window of Krei Tech. "___-" He stops as everything begins to fly up. He's against the ceiling for only a couple of seconds before it disappears and he's floating up with debris. He finds a pole and clutches it tightly. "___!" He looks around for you.

"I'm here!" You say. Hiro calms when he sees you clutching a huge chunk of concrete. It's a little wobbly, and Hiro doesn't want to take a chance and lose you.

"Here!" He shouts. He allows one hand to let go of the pole and reaches it out to you. "Take my hand!" You let go and slip a little. Hiro reaches further. "It's okay!" he assures you, "I'm here. I'm still here." Once your fingertips brush his, Hiro reaches a little more. You clutch his hand tightly. "Okay, now I need you to let go of the concrete." You look at him nervously. "___, you can do it. I'm not giving up on you." Just then, you let go. Hiro winces as the pull of the portal yanks you up, but he won't let go of your hand.

Suddenly, the pole beneath him snaps. Both you and him float up. Hiro desperately moves around to grab something. His hand finds a large wire. He clutches it and looks up at you. "We need to get out of this soon!"

Hiro nods. "Baymax!" He screams, "Baymax!" Suddenly, Baymax flies up to Hiro's voice and scoops both you and him up. He lets out a sigh of relief as he climbs safely on top of him. You're beside him. "I was wrong. Going for the mask isn't a good idea. We need to destroy the bots. Less to work with."

"Good plan," you comment. "But where's the rest of our team?"

"Hiro, we can't-"

"No way out!"

"Hiro!"

Hiro looks around. "Listen up! Use those big brains of yours to think your way out!" He smiles as everyone breaks out of the bots. Everyone lands together. "Okay. New plan," he says, "Forget the mask. Destroy the bots. They'll get sucked up into the portal."

"Now that sounds like a plan!" Wasabi exclaims.

"Honey, Fred, can you keep us covered?" Hiro asks.

"Like you have to ask," Fred says.

"Let's do this, Freddie!"

"Hiro," you say. "I should go with Wasabi."

Hiro blinks in confusion. "What? No!"

"Go Go is too fast for him to keep up. Don't you think I should be there to pair up with him?"

"I really could use her help," Wasabi adds. Go Go, Honey Lemon, and Fred are already destroying the bots. Hiro's mind rushes through his thoughts. If he lets you go, he can't keep you safe. But if he keeps you with him, he'll be too focused on keeping you safe to complete the task at hand.

Hiro bites his lip and nods. "Fine. Just be careful, okay?"

"I will be," you promise. He watches as you run off with Wasabi.

"Okay, buddy. Are you ready?" Hiro taps Baymax's shoulder. "Fly!" As soon as Fred and Honey's blue concoction fills the air, Hiro meets Callaghan above the thick cloud. Callaghan throws a hand out and three columns of microbots fly towards them. Baymax quickly dodges all of them. "Ready? And. . . go!" He crashes through all of the microbots.

"Whoa, gravity's getting a little weird here, guys," He hears Wasabi's voice in his earpiece. "Wait! We can use this! Green blades of fury!"

"Woman up!"

"Double sign spin! Now my signs are on fire!"

"Now that's a chemical reaction!"

Hiro smiles. "You guys have it all under control?"

"Yeah," he hears your voice. "Don't sorry about us, Hiro. We've got it."

"I know you do. Come on, Baymax!"

Baymax begins to do the karate moves that Hiro taught him only a couple of days ago. "Back kick!" He narrates, "Knife hand! Round house. Hammer fist!" Suddenly, Callaghan wraps microbots around Baymax.

"This ends now!" He screams, shooting his hands forward. Nothing happens.

Hiro smirks. "Looks like you're out of microbots." Callaghan looks down. "Baymax." Baymax breaks free from the microbots and shoots towards Callaghan. His fist stops right in front of Callaghan's face. "Our programming prevents us from injuring a human being. But we'll take that." Baymax takes the mask and crushes it. Suddenly, all of the microbots lose their form and fly through the portal. Baymax grabs Callaghan and safely puts him in the ground, where everyone is at a safe distance from the portal.

Hiro's heart sinks when he sees that it is still sucking in debris. "I-It's still on. We have to shut it down!"

"We can't! The containment field is failing. The portal is going to tear itself apart," Krei answers.

Hiro nods. "We need to get out of here. Now." He takes off beside you, placing his hand on your back to be sure that you're with him. He stops when he realizes that Baymax isn't coming. "Baymax!" You stop, too. Hiro looks at you and says, "Stay right here." He runs to Baymax.

"My sensor is detecting signs of life."