Chapter Twenty-Eight

| Hiro's POV |

Hiro blinks through the black dust that fills the air. He hears you let out a faint cough. Hiro realizes that Baymax is holding up the debris as shielding everyone. He nudges the robot. "Get us out of here, Baymax!" Baymax raises a fist and shoots out of the mess. Everyone gets out of the wreckage. "Go for the transmitter behind the mask!" Hiro moves towards Baymax, only to see him be knocked away by a wave of microbots. "Baymax!" He abandons his friends and runs to Baymax. "Baymax, you have to get out of this," he says, his eyes scanning the microbots and debris that holds him to the floor. He tries to tug on a piece of staircase that is blocking his fist. "Come on!" It takes a few hard pulls to get it to move enough. Just a few minutes later, Baymax is completely free. Hiro climbs onto his back and Baymax launches upward.

Hiro groans as he sees the condition of the team, Go Go was barely able to stand, Honey Lemon was rubbing her head. Fred and Wasabi were in a tangle on the floor, struggling to get free. And you were in front of Yokai, dodging the shots of microbots that he threw at you. With a yelp, a small bundle of them hit your chest, knocking you backward. Hiro gasps. "Get him, Baymax!" Yokai turns to pick up the portal, but is knocked over at Baymax flies right into him. The three of them wreck onto the floor.

"Hiro!" you shout. He lifts his head up and sees you running towards him. He sits up when he hears a groan from Yokai. Realizing that the mask is just in arm's reach, he snatches it quickly and stands up.

"It's over, Krei," he says harshly. Yokai shakily lifts himself up. When Hiro sees his face, his heart sinks. "Professor Callaghan. But. . . the explosion. You died."

"No," Callaghan replies. "Your microbots kept me safe."

"But Tadashi," Hiro whimpers. "You let him die."

"Give me the mask, Hiro," Callaghan growls.

Hiro's anger rises. "He went in there to save you!"

"That was his mistake!" Callaghan says coldly.

Hiro's anger boils over. With a broken heart, he shifts his attitude from caring to the attitude he took with him to bot fights. Only this was much, much worse. Wrong answer. Something in him snaps. "Baymax," he says cooly. "Destroy."

"My programming prevents me from injuring a human being," Baymax objects.

"Not anymore," he says.

"Hiro, this is not what-" He taps on Baymax's access port and pulls out his healthcare chip. Without caring, he tosses the green chip away.

"Do it, Baymax!" Hiro tells, "Destroy him!"

"No, Hiro!" you shout.

"No!" Go Go screams, leaping forward and running towards Baymax as he raises his rocket fist. "Stop!"

As everyone runs to Baymax, Hiro panics. "What are you guys doing? He's getting away!" He watches as Baymax throws away everyone to get to Callaghan. But in the end, Hiro watches as the professor escapes the room.

"My healthcare protocol has been violated," Baymax announces. "I regret any kind of distress I may of caused."

"How could you do that? I had him!" Hiro shouts in annoyance.

"What you just did," Wasabi says seriously, "we never signed up for."

"I never should've let you help me," Hiro says.

"Hiro," you say, "you almost killed a man. We're heroes, not villains."

"And you!" Hiro exclaims, his eyes filling with angry tears. "I thought that you were my best friend! I thought that you had my back!"

"You can't kill someone!" You shake your head.

"He didn't have a problem letting Tadashi die!" Hiro's heart clenches tightly as he thinks of Callaghan, his hero, Tadashi's professor and role model, leaving his brother in the flames. Did Tadashi see Callaghan before he died? Did he know that he wasn't going to go home then? Did he know that his rescue mission was pointless?

"Hiro, please-" You reach out for him.

"No! I let you into this team even though you're not smart. I let you join in because you're my friend! But you're not Tadashi, no matter how hard you try. You'll never replace him in any way!" He angrily shoves you backwards. You stagger back into Fred and Honey Lemon. "Come on, Baymax." He hoists himself into place on the robot. "Baymax, find Callaghan."

Baymax attempts to scan. "My enhanced scanner has been damaged."

Groaning, Hiro says, "Wings!" Baymax displays his wings.

"Hiro, this isn't part of the plan!" Fred says.

"Fly!" Hiro shouts.

"Hiro!" Everyone shouts, "Hiro, wait!" He ignores everyone's cries as he crashes through the ceiling. He keeps his mind off of all the hurtful things he said and only thinks of destroying Callaghan.