Take Three

I can do this...no I can't. Nicki paced back and forth. Waiting for them to call her number.

"Eleven." The assistant peeked her head from behind the door and let Nicki in.

Nicki entered the brightly lit room and stood before the panel of judges. She saw some of the best directors, producers, filmmakers and actors.

A woman on the end of the table had Nicki introduce herself and afterwards Nicki waited for them to give her a scenario.

The door opened and Drake walked in.

She felt more at ease for some reason and he took his place in the middle of the long panel.

He looked down at his paper and passed it to the woman on the end.

"It looks like your scenario is to be that you've broken up with your boyfriend and all you do is cry and be depressed."

Nicki knew she could do that. It was so easy that she almost asked for a more challenging scenario but in the business world, being cocky got you nowhere.

Nicki did the scenario with an Oscar worthy performance and even added real tears and to get a little extra recognition, she 'committed suicide'.

Everyone stood and clapped for her and when it was all said and done, she received a four inch binder with her contract, the whole script with her lines, scenery, how she was supposed to feel and the summary of each scene all highlighted according to subject.

After the commotion settled down, Nicki left the room and sat in the hallway on the bench and just stared at the binder.

"Congratulations."

She looked up and he was standing there smiling.

"Thank you."

He sat down on the bench next to her.

"Is this seat taken?"

"Now it is since you already sat down." she laughed and he did too.

"Seriously. Do you know what this could mean for you? We're working with Sony and Lionsgate films...we don't know which we'll choose yet but either could get you so much recognition."

Nicki frowned. "Why are you doing this for me? Do you want me to sleep with you or something because I'm not going to."

"No! No...god no."

"Saying it like that wasn't nice." she folded her arms.

"I didn't mean it like that and I apologize if it came off that way. Actually I came over to ask you out to dinner...but looks like I've messed that up."

"As in a date?"

"Yeah." he said nervously. "I've never had this much trouble asking someone out on a date."

"I don't like tardiness." she smiled.

"I'll be there eight sharp."

Nicki stood to leave. "I'll be waiting." she gave him a dimpled smile and motioned to Hush that she was ready to leave.

Even though she had played it cool, when Nicki was behind the closed doors of her suite she ran around like a mad woman, ecstatic that she would be going on a date with him but then she got nervous...she hadn't been on a date in a long time.

Nicki called Safaree to see if he got her message.

"Yeah, I meant to call you and tell you congratulations but I got was busy...I'll be out there in a couple of days though. Did you get the role?"

"Yesssss!" Nicki screamed excitedly.

SB was just silent in a state of shock. "Yo you serious?"

"Yes! I have to sign a contract though."

"Do you have a lawyer? I'm sure my pops can get you one."

"Can you ask him please?"

"I got you...but I'll be out there in a couple of days."

"Okay I'll see you soon."

They ended their call and Nicki looked at the time. She had a few hours so she left for the boulevard.

People were out everywhere. She walked at a leisure pace, just enjoying the scenery.

When she got back to the hotel she only had an hour and a half before he would be there.

She jumped in the shower and afterwards she went through he suitcase, glad that she had packed a few dresses.

Nicki chose the classic strapless black dress and left her hair as it was. She put on her black pumps and a necklace and earrings before she was finally ready.

She put on her black peacoat since the wind had picked up and then there was a knock at her door.

After dinner they went for a walk in the park.

"You look beautiful." he smiled shyly.

"Thank you. You don't look too bad yourself." she smiled.

"That was mean." he pretended his feelings were hurt.

"I was joking." she took his hand in hers.

"What are you thinking?" she asked him.

"Nothing." he looked away, smiling.

"C'mon tell me." she looked up at him.

"If you must know...I want to kiss you."

"If you're lucky..." she rolled her eyes playfully.

"So you don't want me to kiss you then?"

"I didn't say that."

He took that as a yes and kissed her. Surprisingly she kissed him back.

"I didn't say you could!"

"You didn't resist me."

"Whatever." she smiled and this time she kissed him.

"So does that mean we can have a second date?"

"I don't know. Should we be dating and we're doing business together?"

"The two can be kept separate."

"No they can't." she sighed.

"Well, we'll just have to see now wont we."

"I guess." she smiled again and he ran his thumb over her dimple.

"I like you." he smiled.

"Are you being shy?" she laughed.

"Yeah. There's something about you. I can't put my finger on it though." he said as he walked her to her room.

"Well I'm glad I'm different. Goodnight." she unlocked the room door and closed it in his face. She opened it five seconds later laughing and pulled him closer for a kiss knowing that's what he wanted.

"Now goodnight."

"Goodnight." he smiled and walked towards the bank of elevators.