Prolouge

I was once again running for my life. This was seriously getting old. I mean, can't a girl get a break? But nooooo, because I was labeled as an 'extremely dangerous teenage delinquent', I never got to do things other girls my age did. Like date boys, or go to the movies, or walk down the street without a knife strapped to the inside of my boot. Eh, normal was overrated anyway.

"Stop right now little girl! "I don't want to have to hurt you!" the man chasing me screamed. Little? I was almost fifteen for God's sake! You think these people would know my age, seeing as they know everything else about me.

I kept running, feeling as if my lungs were about to collapse. All I had to do was make it into the tree line. There, the big oaf chasing me was sure to slow down, not being as light on my feet as I was. I swept my flaming red hair out of my eyes angrily. Note to self, cut hair before next big getaway. It was my own fault. I had stayed longer than I ever allowed myself to hole up in one area. But the town was quiet and peaceful. I thought S.H.I.E.L.D wouldn't find me there. Big mistake.

I was almost there. I spurred forward, elated at seeing the thick forest up ahead. Thirty feet, twenty feet, ten feet, almost there....

Oof!

Suddenly I had rammed into another body. The strange man grabbed my arms and tried to force me to my knees. He must have been hiding in the trees, waiting for me to get close, if the agent behind me failed. I kicked, screamed and finally just let all of my emotion take control.

Hopelessness. I felt my body heating up.

Frightened. I could feel my fingers sizzling.

And finally, rage. That was the last straw.

Flames began to engulf my body. I felt the man who was previously holding me release, screaming in pain as the fire spread to the rest of my body. I felt a sharp pain in my neck, and reached around my head and pulled out a tranquilizer dart. The last thing I saw before I slipped into unconsciousness was one of the men (the one who had been holding me?) clutching his blistered and bloodied hand.