A Familial Moment

It was like time had stopped. No one moved, or even breathed for that matter. Wolf was rigid, his eyes locked on Thor. He was as white as a sheet, and his eyes were the size of dinner plates. Thor didn't look any better. I was still trying to understand what was going on when suddenly Thor stalks over to Wolf and I, Mjolnir clenched in his hand and his face clouded. He grabs Wolf by the front of his shirt, but Wolf does not react. He simply stares at Thor as if he was an alien. Which I guess he technically is.

"You and I are going to have a little chat," Thor growls out, his hammer swinging in tight little circles. Wolf's eyes suddenly fill with fear, and he grasps at Thor's wrist with both his hands, trying to pull Thor off him. Before I can even make a protest, Thor has smashed through a window, Wolf in tow.

I turn frantically to Tony and the gang. Tony simply sighs and heads down the basement where he keeps his Iron Man suits.

"Thor really needs to break this little habit of "borrowing" people and then ruining my things," the billionaire mutters as he walks away. Steve walks up to me and places a consoling hand on my shoulder.

"Don't worry," he says with a smile. "Thor may have been a little rash, but he'd never hurt a kid." But even as he says those words, I could see himself doubting the truthfulness of them. I give a distracted nod before rushing off to my room to get dressed. Something was telling me that sweaty workout clothes wouldn't do for rescuing Wolf from his imminent pounding.

-oOo-

Wolf POV

I try to get ahold of my ragged breathing once Thor lands and finally lets me go. I stagger onto my hands and knees and force my eyes open. I notice we're on the roof of what looks like an abandoned warehouse. In fact, the whole pier the warehouse is on looks abandoned.

"How long have you been here on Midgard? What purpose do you have here? What were you doing with my companions?" Thor asks each question one right after another, not giving me any time to answer, let alone get ahold of myself enough to string together a sentence.

Thor lets out a low growl, and grasps a handful of my hair, twisting my head painfully up towards his. I let out a yelp at the explosion of pain in my scalp, and icy blue eyes glare into my own mossy greens.

"Answer my questions!" he snarls. I feel my entire frame racking with shakes, adrenaline rushing through my system as I'm lost in my own memories

00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

"Tell us what we want to know! Tell me, and I'll finally let you sleep, you pathetic worm," the Chitauri holding my hair spat into my face. I answered him with silence, and he lets out an enraged yell and slams my head into the steel floor of my cell repeatedly. Just as the blessed edge of unconscious is sweeping over me, a new voice speaks up and banishes all fogginess from my brain, instead filling me with ice-cold fear.

"How is it going with our guest?" Thanos asks, his voice dripping with honey and venom.

"He still refuses to talk, my liege," the Chitauri guard replies, giving my ribs a swift kick that causes me to cough so hard I hack up blood. The copper liquid trails down the side of my mouth as I curl into myself, just begging for the pain to stop.

"You want the pain to stop, do you little one?" Thanos inquired, as if he could ready my thoughts,  laying his large purple hand on the top of my head. I shudder at the touch, knowing that Thanos was powerful enough to crush my skull with the slightest increase of pressure.

"Well?" the giant asked.

"Y-Yes," I whisper, my throat raw from screaming.

"All you have to do is tell me what I want to know. Where has the Allfather hidden the gems?" Thanos' voice is melodious and saccharine, as if I tell him my secrets than everything will be better. The pain will stop, and I can finally rest. My eyes will close and I will never have to experience the cruelty the universe has to offer ever again.