Regaining Consciousness

I groaned as the sunlight hit my eyes, rolling over to bury my face into the nearest pillow. My head was pounding like a drum. Oh god, what had happened? Suddenly, last night came rushing back.

After dinner, Clint and Tony had decided that we were all going to watch a movie. Then, they got into a huge fight over what we would watch, Friday the Thirteenth or Nightmare on Elm Street. Bruce and Cap thought that both were too gory, Pepper thought it would give me nightmares (oh please, I basically lived on Elm Street), and Natasha just sat there silently drinking her vodka. That is, until Tony's flailing got a little too out of control, and he ended up knocking Tasha's drink all over her dress. Yeah....Natasha was pissed. And a pissed off Romanoff is something that I never want to experience again. After Tony had gotten the beating of his life, we decided to watch Anastasia, which Natasha picked weirdly enough. Eh, it takes place in Russia, maybe that's why.

Anyway, somehow in between getting chased by Natasha and putting the DVD in, Clint and Tony had managed to get drunk. And apparently when they get drunk, they sing. Loudly. Every single time a song came on, Tony and Clint would sing their hearts out. Eventually, I joined in, and we all sang as loud as possible (cue headache). I hadn't even touched a drop of alcohol, and I had acted like I was wasted. Then when the movie was finished, Pepper had said that I had to go to bed. I stomped my feet, whined, cried, pulled out all the stops. I eventually stopped when Tony promised me that he would buy me Anastasia's dress.

"Reallllly Tony, ur not joking?"

"Of course not! Anything for my princess! Pepper, get me this Annabelle girl's number ASAP! My people will call her people, see how much she wants!"

After Pepper had patiently explained to Tony that Anastasia was no longer among the land of the living, I had been ordered to bed or face the wrath of Pepper Potts. I was in bed in 0.2 seconds.

I smiled at the memories of the outrageous time, and started climbing out of bed to get dressed. When I saw it.

It was an exact carbon copy of Anastasia's dress. The same beautiful golden color, the same flowing fabric, the same everything! My jaw dropped to the floor. Who knew that Tony could keep a promise better drunk that sober? I walked towards the beautiful gown, fingering the soft silk. The dress also included a pair of stunning pearl earrings, and a long pearl necklace. It was completed with a small silver tiara. A little note was tied around the mannequin's neck. It said in a slightly messy script:

To My Princess, from Iron Man

I smiled slightly as I read the note. It was sweet, even if Tony did probably pass out right after finishing it from too much booze. I caressed the dress one more time, before putting on a long beige sweater over my black tank top and red flannel pajama pants. Pulling my hair into a ponytail, I caught the elevator down to the kitchen.

As I sat down with my bowl of cereal, JARVIS said, "Ms.Sutton, it seems that our guest is regaining consciousness. Shall I wake Dr.Banner?" I jumped up, my cereal bowl spilling into the carpet.

"Yeah, get Bruce, I'm going up there myself." I pulled my sweater closer to my body as I rushed into the elevator once again. After the most antagonizing two minutes of my life, the doors opened into the lab. Wolf is sitting up and trying to blink the grogginess out of his eyes.

"What are you doing?!" I shout, startling Wolf. I rush over to him, fussing over him like a mother hen.

"You shouldn't be sitting up! Bruce needs to make sure that you're okay physically, and-"

"Lila." Wolf cuts in, grabbing my wayward hands in his own. He gives me a small smile. "I'm fine, just a little pain, but that's normal." I let out a breath and step away from Wolf, so that I'm not tempted to try to baby him anymore. I sit down on the nearest stool, Indian style.

"So, I'm just preparing you, Tony is probably going to interrogate you as soon as he finds out you're awake. He is convinced that you're some big bad villain who is here to kidnap me." I laugh. Instead of laughing with me, Wolf casts his head down, hands gripping the edge of the lab table. I can feel my stomach sinking.

"Wolf?" He looks up at me, his eyes filled with some emotion I can't decipher.

"Lila, I-" Just as he began to talk, the lab doors opened. I turn around and see a slightly disheveled Bruce. He had major bed-head, his blue collared shirt is buttoned wrong, and his glasses are askew. His eyes go back and forth from me and Wolf.

"Am I interrupting something?" he asks. I was about to say yes, but remembered two things. One, Wolf's health was more important than my own nosiness. Second, saying that may give some very wrong implications. So I simply sigh and shake my head. Bruce gives me a very suspicious look, and proceeds to check out Wolf.

"Humph, so it's okay for Bruce to check you over, but not me?" I tease, mock pouting. Some of the tension seems to leave Wolf's shoulders. He gives me a smirk.

"Well, maybe it's because Dr.Banner is actually a doctor, as apposed to a teenage girl who would probably kill me by accident. And who knows, maybe you just wanted to get your hands on my hot body." he says, wiggling his eyebrows suggestively. I feel my face heat up, and burst into laughter.

"You make me sound like some creepy stalker girl. Go ahead and make fun of me, and while you're sleeping I'll shave your head." Wolf pales a little.

"You wouldn't."

I would." I reply with an evil grin.

"Not my beautiful hair!" Wolf shouts with a dramatic flair, making me break into laughter again. I was about to crack another joke, when Bruce clears his throat. I look over to the doctor, who looks a little uncomfortable.

"If you two are done flirting, I can tell you about your condition Wolf."

"We were not flirting! Jeesh, you've been hanging out with Tony too much." I say, my face probably insanely red. I look up at Wolf and see he's wearing the same embarrassed expression.

"Well, you're healing nicely. The bleeding has stopped both internally and externally. Nothing was infected, which is a miracle in its self. In fact, you seem to be healing very fast for someone with such extensive injuries." Bruce says like he was asking about the weather.

"I recover fast." Wolf says, his voice calm, but his hands are once again gripping the table for dear life. Bruce simply makes a little noise in the back of his throat, and starts straightening things up in the lab.

The lab doors once again open, and I groan internally. Who is it now?! I turn around exasperatedly and come face to face with Tony.

Oh crap. This isn't going to go well.

Tony strolls into the rooms oh-so-casual, but his eyes are hard and his arms are crossed over his chest. He picks up a tongue depressor, and starts twirling around it in his fingers. He gazes at Wolf with a half lazy, half serious expression.

"So you're Wolf, huh?" Wolf simply nods his head.

"What do you want?" Tony asks, all business. Wolf looks at me with his piercing green eyes, and I can finally tell what it was that I saw before. Its pain, so much pain, and a hint of worry. I feel my stomach clench as he continues to look at me.

"I'm here to warn you."

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo

Dun dun dun!! Things are heating up y'all! I'm sorry I haven't updated (man I say that a lot) but I kinda lost my inspiration for this story for a while. As you can see, it's back! I was seriously about to write a hiatus notice when the first scene popped into my head, and I just couldn't stop writing. I hope drunk Tony is a good apology for lateness. Anyway, if you were a good reader than you voted for the next book! And as for the shortness, sorry, but it looked longer when I wrote it. Well, I've decided rather than counting each and every comment, I'm simply going to publish each book's first chapter, and do the contest based on reads. If you voted last chapter, don't worry, I'll count your votes as reads! Two of the books may go up today, hopefully I can get all four up before the weekend is over. Thanks for your continuing support guys!

-Your rambling Author

P.S, If you haven't seen Anastasia, you need to. Like, now. She's the pretty lady in the pretty dress.