The Perfectly Imperfect Family

A/N: So...many of you probably hate me because of 'What is Racism?'. I understand...I hate myself too because of it. This, however, will contain happy moments of the Olusola family.:)

(WARNING: eating disorder)

1991

Avi and Kevin Olusola walked into the orphanage, looking at the children. They, however, already chose one. A beautiful baby boy that was only three months old. His parents passed away in a car accident, leaving the poor child by himself. The married couple, however, were more than happy to take care of said child. The woman in charge of the orphanage smiled and handed them a white blanket. In there was a small baby boy with blond hair and beautiful blue eyes. He smiled up at his two dads, looking gleeful. Avi tried his best not to cry. Him and his husband were finally getting a child!

"Now, the parents never did say what his name was," the woman began, handing the baby to Avi. The green eyed man laughed when the little fingers tried to grip tightly on his fingers. "They died three months after he was born, but they've never old anyone his name.  What will you like him to be called?"

"Scott," Kevin answered, looking down at his new child. The baby yawned and snuggled into Avi's chest, falling asleep quickly. "Scott Richard Olusola."

1992

Scott was an active eight month year old. He knew how to speak at least one word( Sis-ta!), roll onto his tummy, and crawl. Of course, it was hard to give him to his baby sitters. The poor thing will cry if he was left unattended by his fathers.

The two dads worked everyday. It was hard living with a kid! He was expensive, but Avi and Kevin loved him no matter what and gave him whatever made him happy...even if that meant adopting another child.

~~~

"Bless your hearts," Anjelica Maldonado told the two men. Avi and Kevin both smiled at her. The young woman is homeless and recently had a child that could not be taken care of. The beautiful child that she wanted for long had to be taken away from her so they could live a better life than she is. "Thank you so much for taking Kirstin in. She's my world, but it's obvious that she needs someone better."

"You're so welcome, Anjelica," Avi answered, looking at the one week old baby in his arms. The young girl had her eyes closed and mouth slightly open. The newest addition to the family. "Kirstin will love it here. We'll keep in contact. Stay safe, okay?"

Anjelica nodded her head and kissed her daughter on the head. That was the last time she saw Kirstie until Kirstie turned fifteen.  Kirstin Taylor Olusola was and is a beautiful addition.

"Sis-ta?" Scott asked, trying to climb into the couch. Kevin nodded as he helped his oldest son onto the couch. "Sis-ta!"

"Scott, this is Kirstie," Avi murmured quietly, feeling his heart melt when he was met with a pair of hazel eyes. Kirstie is awake and ready to see her family. "She's your sister."

"Kirs-tea!"

1995

"Scott, give me back my teddy!"

"No!"

"Kirstin Taylor and Scott Richard, sit down now! Scott, give Kirstie's teddy back to her."

The two kids sat down in the plastic chairs, obeying Kevin. The three and four year olds are in a place called the hospital( they called it the horsepital and were upset when they learned that there were no horses) and they were told they're getting a surprise! The surprise, however, was taking forever. Whatever forever meant to two children under five.