"If we're missing a person, we're missing Pentatonix." (*)

Avi cleared his throat as he walked into the studio, his legs shaky. He stopped, attempting to get his entire body to stop being jittery. He sighed to himself as he walked to his band members who were acting crazy as usual.

"No, Kevin! You just don't walk into Jason's dressing room and ask him to be on our album."

"I did not walk into his dressing room! He was practicing his dance moves so I thought why not.  You could thank me when that song becomes the most popular song on the album."

"Mitch, is this color of red too broad on me?"

"No. Is this lipstick too light? I'm not feeling it."

"I'll give you my nude lipstick when I go back home. Other than that, it looks amazing on you."

"Thanks, k'want."

Avi laughed to himself then frowned. Was he really ready for this? How was he going to even explain this? It was hard to learn so he can't imagine saying it to his band members!

"Hmmm," Kirstin thought out loud, smiling when she saw Avi. "Avi! Whatcha doing?!"

"Standing," Avi replied, laughing when Scott and Mitch both riffed Standing By.  "I...I need to tell you something."

"What's up?" Kevin asked, turning his attention to the second oldest band member. "Is everything okay?"

Here goes.

"I have thought long and hard about this," Avi started off, getting all the attention from his band members. They nodded, letting him continue. "We all know that I have been wanting a solo album since we've started this band."

"Of course," Mitch replied, nodding. He brushed his fringe out of his face. "Is everything okay?"

If you see it that way.

"Yeah," Avi answered, knowing deep down inside that everything was anything but okay. "Well, I could do it now."

His band smiled and cheered for him, genuinely feeling happy for him. They knew how long he wanted to do something like this and now he is finally doing it!

"Are you doing it with Ben?!" Kirstin asked excitedly, bouncing up and down. She stopped when he shook his head. "Whhhhhhhyyyy?"

"That's were I'm getting at," Avi answered, making his band's cheerful attitudes stop. They all stared up at him, confused. "In order for this to happen, I had to sign with a different recording company."

"You could still record with us," Scott brought up, still feeling bursts of delight rush through him. He then felt the bursts of delight go out one by one when Avi shook his head. "Wh-hat do you mean?"

"The company that I signed to said that I couldn't be be signed to another recording company," Avi replied, sighing to himself. He couldn't look at his bandmates. "I had to drop from RCA."

"What do you mean?" Kevin asked, standing up. He stayed in one spot. "What's happening?"

"I can't be in Pentatonix anymore.

Avi let out the breath he didn't he even realize that he was holding when he confessed what was happening. It was quiet. Then crying occurred.

"Why would you do this us?" Kirstin finally asked, her mascara running down her face. Right now, she didn't care what she looked like. "I want to be on Broadway, but that doesn't mean I want to leave my band behind!"

"Avi, I thought you wanted to stay with us," Mitch spoke up quietly, feeling tears run down his own face. He shook his head and wiped the tears. "You promised you'll stay with us until this band ended."

Scott couldn't even get anything out. He was crying too hard. He left the room quickly, not even acknowledging what Avi said. Kevin looked at the emotional band members, feeling his heart break. He then looked up at Avi, shaking his head.

"Why?" Kevin asked, crossing his arms. Avi shrugged his shoulders and Kevin shook his head once more. "If we're missing a person, we're missing Pentatonix. I can't believe you, Avi."

~~~

A month passed and it was Avi's last day in Pentatonix. They just finished their last concert together and there last song was Standing By. Nobody in the audience knew why all the members cried during the song and pretty much throughout the whole concert. If only they knew...

"Our last concert," Scott spoke up, looking at Avi. The bearded man looked down, ashamed. "Accomplish your dream, Avi. You wanted this and we can't change that. Break a leg."

Avi looked up, shocked. His band members were all smiling at him despite the tears running down their faces. They got into a group hug, not wanting the night to end.

Five years later

Avi's solo career launched well. Pentatonix continued without him even though it was hard without him. They went on for about three more years then decided to make their last album and have one last tour. All of them got married and did everything they wanted to do. On their last tour, Avi was their opening performer. Of course, the fans got upset because they couldn't find out why they would ask a traitor to perform for them, but they were secretly excited about the performer.

Yes, even though they did perform without Avi, they kept one saying with them:

"If we're missing a person, we're missing Pentatonix."

A/N: Sorry for the abrupt ending. This isn't really my best, but eh. As always, I hope you guys enjoyed it. I love you all.

-Maddie🐧🐧🐧