When You're Gone(*)

A/N: This is the one shot I was talking about. Either you are going to love me or hate me. I heard this song in the grocery store and I had to write it. I hope you all enjoy.:)

(WARNINGS: Death mentions)

Members of YouTube famous band Pentatonix were involved in a shooting. The shooter was intoxicated and will serve fifteen to thirty years with no parole for shooting and killing three members. The only people who survived the accident were Kirstin Maldonaldo, age 23, and Mitchell Grassi, age 23, the youngest members of the band and the driver who shall remain nameless.

~~~

Kirstin read the article again and again, her heart aching at the picture that was chosen for the article. It was the cover for the original album and she couldn't help but let her eyes feel up with tears. Why did Avi have to push her? Why did Scott have to push Mitch? Why did Kevin have to jump in the both of them?

Her and Mitch were supposed to be the ones who died. Anjelica Maldonaldo and Mike and Nel Grassi were supposed to be the ones to fall to their knees and scream with tears running down their that their baby died. It was supposed to Jeremy that was grieving the loss of his girlfriend, not Alex and Alyssa over their boyfriends. It was supposed to be #RIPMitch and #RIPKirstin, not #RIPAvi, #RIPKevin, and #RIPScott. Olaf was supposed to be the one to whimper when he couldn't figure out where his owner was, not Wyatt. Everything was supposed to be different. Avi, Kevin, and Scott were supposed to be the ones wondering why in the world they didn't save Kirstin and Mitch, not Kirstin and Mitch trying to figure out why they got saved in the first place.

She swallowed the lump that was in her throat and let the tears escape. The older brothers she and Mitch never had are gone...and never coming back.

"Kirstin?" Jeremy called out. She quickly turned in her boyfriend's direction. "I have to go the store. Do you want anything?"

"Yes," Kirstin replied after a few seconds. She folded the article and cleared her throat. "I need three things."

"Okay," Jeremy replied, getting out a notepad. He put the pen on the paper and didn't look up. "What are their three things, love?"

"Avi, Kevin, and Scott."

Jeremy looked up and noticed Kirstin's hazel eyes tearing up. He quickly ran to her and hugged her as she let her tears run down her face and sobs heave out heavily. She missed them, she wanted back. She wanted them to tickle her. She wanted them to hug her when she had a bad dream or fight with Jeremy. She wanted Pentatonix to happen again. Deep down inside, she knew the truth.

Avi, Kevin, and Scott are gone.

And never coming back again.

~~~

Mitch walked into the kitchen, feeling Justin and Alex's eyes burn into his body. Justin smiled sadly at him and Alex wiped his tears away, trying not to cry in front of the tenor but failing. Mitch waved to them and sat down on a nearby chair, covering his face.

"Good morning," Justin replied, putting a bowl of cereal in front of Mitch. Mitch looked up at his roommate, who was rubbing his back sweetly. "It's gluten free."

Mitch tried to smile but it came out as a grimace. He played with the spoon and sighed quietly. He hasn't spoke since the incident. He wanted Avi, Scott, and Kevin back. He was the baby brother that the older brothers picked on but still loved him by the end of the day.

Avi was the one who gave him endless compliments. He was one of the reasons why he gained all the confidence he has. Kevin was the one who have him wisdom. Whenever he had panic attacks, Kevin was always the one to make him better and gave him wise words when the attack was over. Scott was the one who protected him. Whenever he felt scared, Scott always reassured him that everything was okay and that nothing will hurt him. Without the kindness, wisdom, and protection of his older brothers, he was pretty much nothing.

"Mitchy?" Alex asked, making Mitch nod. The taller male looked at him sadly. "Do you need anything?"

"Yes," Mitch replied quietly, playing with his spoon. His eyes began to get wet and he let a tear escape. Great.

"What is it?" Justin asked after a few minutes. Mitch didn't realize that he hadn't said a word. "Is it important?"

"Yes," Mitch replied, his voice wavering. He let out a sob and let the tears escape. "I want my older brothers back."

The taller makes quickly went to the small male and let him cry on his shoulders. The hugs didn't feel like Avi's or Kevin's or even Scott's.

He wants them back more than anything.

~~~

The graveyard was quiet, the wind and crunching of leaves were the only sounds. A small female and male were walking side by side, stopping at three gravestones. The names 'Avriel Kaplan', 'Scott Hoying', and 'Kevin Olusola' stared back at them. Mitch was the first one to sit down and Kirstin repeated his actions. The wind began to pick up, blowing the leaves around. Mitch shivered and Kirstin put her arm around his shoulders to warm him up. All was quiet until Kirstin spoke up.

"We miss you guys," Kirstin began, laughing to herself. That was a Captain Obvious( a/n: Katherine Obvious moment). "Alyssa and Alex are getting better. They're healing faster than we are."

"Wyatt misses all of you, especially you Scott," Mitch started off, smiling at the grave. He ran his hand on 1991 and stopped at the 2015. "She misses her daddy. Mommy is trying her best to take care of her. Esther and Darien are getting married next month, so there's that! She's misses you so much, Avi. She wanted you to be Darien's best man."

"Alyssa is starting cello lessons," Kirstin spoke up, laughing when Mitch let out a laugh. "She's has Beyoncé in her room. She refuses to touch it though. All your parents are doing wonderfully. They're happier, but they still miss you."

The duo stayed quiet as the wind began to pick up even more. Leaves began to go on the graves, seeming to make Mitch and Kirstin stare at them intensely. The wind then stopped, making them raise their eyebrows. Somebody then whispered something, making the duo stare at each other, their eyes widening. It sounded like Scott. Two more people whispered and they owned the same voices that Avi and Kevin had. Tears began to run down the faces of the youngest members of the band. They're still here.

Everything will be okay. We're all watching you.  Scott

We're fine. We're happy and you guys deserve to be happy too. Avi

We miss you. We can't wait to see you again. Kevin.

Kirstin and Mitch shared a look, tears running down their faces. Maybe they are still here. Where they are though is happier and they want them more than anything now.

Their brothers might be gone, but the love they have for them will never leave.

A/N: So...do you guys hate me? *dodges tomato* Sorry, lol. I hope you enjoy this!:) My next one-shot is in the works! Let's just say it's a Taylor Swift song.;) Anyways, read this and please read my new story Together! Kirstin and Mitchy are siblings in the story!:D Love you allll!!!

-Maddie🐧🐧🐧