Joseph and Mitch

If you forgot, Joseph is Mitch's older brother in Secrets! I didn't want to leave you guys without cute moments of these two so...

Here you go!

WARNINGS: mentions of abuse, eating disorder

Age Five

It was a day after Paul and Lila were arrested. Joseph was making Mitch some lunch, the sound of the television in the background. Mitch was watching a show on there, his joyous laugh warming up Joseph's heart yet breaking it at the same time. There will be moments were Mitch would not trust Joseph since the first experience he had with a man was...

Terrible.

Wrong.

Disgusting.

"Joseph?"

Joseph looked away from the pan to see Mitch looking up at him, a frown on his face. Joseph frowned too, squatting down so he could look at the brother he thought he lost.

"What's up?"

"Do I have to play the game with you?"

The game?!

"Um, what's the game?"

Joseph couldn't understand what Mitch meant and he hoped it wasn't bad. Mitch sighed, knowing the story by heart.

"When I turned four years old, Paul told me he had a present for me. I didn't know what a present was so I was, um, confuse did. He took me to his bedroom and made me take off my-"

"Okay, you don't need to explain it anymore," Joseph interrupted, a lump growing in his throat. Mitch nodded, sitting on a chair while Joseph cooked. "What Paul did to you was called...well, you are far too young to know it. I'll explain it to you when you are older."

Mitch nodded, silently tracing his fingers on the table. Joseph was done with making lunch when he heard a tiny sob, turning around to see Mitch wiping his eyes gently. Joseph set the food down, looking at Mitch sadly as he put his hands on the little boy's shoulders.

Why was he crying?

"Mitch, what's wrong?"

"Did Mommy and Daddy love me?"

Joseph's heart broke. He teared up himself, exhaling loudly before answering.

"Of course they did, baby. You were born the day after my graduation. You were the best grad gift ever. Mommy and Daddy loved you more than anything. They sang to you when you were in Mommy's tummy and when you came into this world. They thanked God everyday for your existence and Jessa, oh gosh, she loved you more than she loved anything else. Her friends were so jealous of her because of you. Going to England was my biggest mistake. I lost Mommy, Daddy, and Jessa. I'm so happy you're okay, baby. Mommy and Daddy lo-"

Joseph sobbed loudly, unable to finish. Instead, he gathered Mitch in a hug and held him tightly. The two brothers cried, happy to be in each other's arms and away from Paul and Lila.

Forever.

Age Ten

Mitch was scared.

Very scared.

He broke a vase that Joseph's girlfriend gave him. Joseph loved that vase and because of his stupidity, Mitch was going to get it.

He might have been taken away from his aunt and her boyfriend, but the memories still lingered in his mind. He was still worried that one day Joseph will snap and make him do...