Rule Number 35, Section 2(*)

A/N: This is my first Esther/Kirstin one-shot! Thank you to Captain_Potato_Eu for this request!

(WARNINGS: mental illnesses, suicide mentions, death)

Rule Number 35, Section 2:

No personal relationships with the patients. Relationships with said patient(s) will result in a write-up or termination of the job, depending on what occurs.

Esther sighed to herself as she read over the rule continuously. Working as a therapist was a dream of hers ever since she was a little girl, but she never knew how strict it can be working as one. Rules were and are essential to the mechanisms to being a therapist, even though she didn't agree with them.

Scott, a childhood friend, met his husband Mitch through therapy sessions. Mitch has severe anxiety, PTSD, and a bit of a stutter(a/n: What Happened in Between teas.;D), but the older male helped him through it. They're happily married with an adopted child. Scott didn't lose his job though. His boss accepted the relationship and actually officiated the wedding. They are possibly the sweetest couple to ever walk upon this world.

Esther sighed to herself once more as she set down the rule book. She clicked on her intercom, hoping that someone will answer.

"Yes, Esther?" A voice came out, making Esther smile.

"Is there any appointments today, Kevin?"

"There's one for a Kirstin Maldonaldo. I'll call you when she comes in."

"Thank you," Esther called back, turning the intercom off. She sat back, looking around the room. A picture of her and brother at her graduation sat in front of her. She smiled at it and flinched when the intercom made a sudden noise. She quickly pressed the button, brushing back her hair. "Yes, Kevin?"

"She's here," Kevin answered, making Esther nod. He then let out a chuckle, catching her attention. "She's cute too. You might like her."

"Rule Number 35, Section 2," Esther reminded her secretary hastily, making him laugh. She rolled her eyes yet smiled at Kevin's infectious childlike laugh. "Send her in."

"Okay." The intercom then went off and Esther for up from her chair, putting a chair out for her newest patient. She heard the door open, but she didn't look up. "Sorry, I was just taking the chair out for you."

"You're okay," a melodious voice spoke up. The voice was soft like silk and a bit squeaky but not the annoying kind of squeaky. It reminded Esther of Mitch's voice. "Take your time."

Esther nodded as she looked up at the patient and her heart almost stopped. Kevin was wrong. She isn't cute.

She is gorgeous.

With short blond hair that went above her shoulders and hazel eyes, a woman at about 5'4 stood in front of the therapist. She had to be at least twenty three. Her clothes consisted of a white short-sleeved blouse and leggings with an addition of black high heels. An eyebrow piercing was present and she wore minimal makeup. She is the epitome of beauty.

"Oh, yeah," Esther finally spoke, trying to tear her attention of the Disney-like woman in front of her. The therapist  showed her the chair and she sat down. Esther then say in her own chair, looking at the papers in front of her. "Kirstin, I understand that you have Bipolar Disorder and  depression. Have you've been taking medicine for your depression?"

"Nope," Kirstin answered, shaking her head. Esther then looked up, confused. "I don't need medicine. I'm dying anyways."

"What do you mean?" Esther asked, confused. Kirstin sat back and looked at her, acting like she expected the therapist to know the answer. "You have severe depression. If you don't take your medicine, it could lead to suicidal tendencies. I don't want that."