October 2015 - Spoopy Stories (misspelling intentional)

Subject: Spoopy Stories

Time Limit: October 1 - 31 2015

Word Count: 1000+ (keep in mind that this is a short story contest though)

Think: About the following prompts!

1. Modern Horror (we use horror loosely): What about all those teenage werewolves, Ghosts with cell phones, Vampires who use Tinder to find their victims.

2. Nightmares: Tell us your nightmare from when you were a kid or now. However strange/disturbing/funny it is.

3. Monster for a day: Boom! You wake up halloween morning with fangs/fur/ectoplasm. What do you do? You're a monster for a day so how do you cope with your new powers?

4. Irrational fears: You're scared of pillows? That's insane! But maybe not. What if your irrational fears suddenly became rational?

5. For all you fan fiction writers: Your OTP trick or treating. It doesn't have to be an AU and it can be any ship. What happens? Aren't they a little too old for trick or treating? Whatever. They're having fun.

*cue music*

Everyone loves Halloween. Candy, costumes, parties, and scary films. Okay, maybe not everyone. Personally, I'm not a huge fan of getting scared so I want to remind everyone that these do not have to be scary they can be funny, romantic, or any other mood you can think of. They're spoopy stories, not spooky for a reason. It's like the popular tumblr meme.

We're challenging you to choose one of the prompts above (or a combination if you wish) and make it your own this October. If you try and you really can't come up with anything using our prompts, talk to us about your idea and you can use it. Just PM us first. Our August contest went great and we look forward to reading your entries.

This time however, after learning our lesson, we want you to create your story in "My Works" like you would any other book. Most importantly, we want you to tag them #YWContestOct2015 . We'll be watching for them, but we're only checking that tag so if your story doesn't show up in our October reading list be sure to let us know. Of course feel free to tag it with any other tags you want (cough cough #teenscanwrite #youngwritersclub #ywc ).

Lastly, be sure to mention which prompt you're using at the beginning of your story.

Rules:

Must be under 18

Must be over 1000 words (keep in mind this is a short story contest so don't make it too long. Contact us w/questions about word count)

One entry per person

Must be posted by 11:59 EST October 31, 2015 and after this contest was posted.

Can be fanfiction

Can be based on a true story

Can be completely original

Preferably based off of one or more of the five prompts.

Must be tagged with #YWContestOct2015

If it's not in our October 2015 reading list within a few days, PM us.

If your using one of our prompts, put it at the beginning of your story so we know.

Top three stories will be mentioned in the "October 2015 - Prizes" section of this book as well as receive a shout out on our board.

Any questions can be directed to the comments below or just PM us.

Good Luck!

Brooke (cookie3770) and Beck (Beck717)

P.S. Take the skeleton theme song as a blood sacrifice to get your thoughts moving.

P.P.S. That sounded really weird and creepy. I'm sorry.

P.P.P.S. Be sure to check out our survey if you haven't already (we're trying to make the club the best that it can be) the link is on our profile. And follow our Tumblr if you have one, also in our profile.