February 2016 - Dear Poetry With Love

Subject: Dear Poetry With Love

Time Limit: Febuary 1 - 29 2016 (Leap year!)

Word Count: Flexible. We're thinking 30+ but if you're under it's okay. If you're writing a short poem (haiku, cinquain, etc.) we ask that you write more than one. We'd like you to fill a standard Microsoft word page.

Think: Poetry. That's it. Preferably with a love/romance/heartbreak theme but we don't really care.

Calling all poets! When we ran our survey last year, quite a few of you requested a Poetry contest, so here we are! (It pays to fill out our survey). And what a better month to do it then February, a month for the most part dedicated to love and it's derivatives.

Whether you love love or just like poetry we want to see your entries. Poetry is a really cool and artsy form of writing. It allows a lot more leeway to explore words, style, and spacing. It doesn't matter if you've never written a poem before (maybe you're a poet and you didn't even know it!) we're asking you to give it a shot and we're so excited to see what you come up with. Again, it doesn't have to be about love just write about what you want in poetry form (and I'm sure we'll love it!)

Make it about someone you love (romantically/plantonically/family?), something you love, or make it between your favourite characters. Write about something dark or maybe something light. Write about that cup of water sitting on your desk. Put yourself in someone else's shoes, or just see what comes out on the page.

Rules

Must be under 18

One entry per person

Must be posted by 11:59 EST February 29, 2016 and after this contest was posted.

Can be fanfiction

Can be based on a true story

Can be completely original

Must be a poem

Preferably under the theme of love, but we don't really care.

Must be tagged #YWContestFeb2016

If it's not in our "Contest Entries" reading list within a couple of days, let us know in the comments here or PM us.

Top three stories will be mentioned in the "February 2016 - Prizes" section of this book as well as receive a shout out on our board.

Any questions can be directed to the comments below or just PM us.

Good Luck!

Brooke (cookie3770) and Beck (Beck717)

P.S. Song's not really relevant. Well I guess it is. But good song nonetheless. Gotta keep up traditions, and who know's maybe it'll be the inspiration you need.

P.P.S. Be sure to check out our survey if you haven't already (we're trying to make the club the best that it can be) the link is on our profile. And follow our Tumblr if you have one, also in our profile.