March 2016 - Tech, Trees, and 2000 Characters

Subject: Tech, Trees, and 2000 characters

Time Limit: March 1 - 31 2016

Word Count: 2000 characters or less, must fit into the space of one comment.

Think: Write about nature. Include two of the following words: hard drive, stapler, phone, car, billboard.

This month we're doing what we tried (and failed) to do last August for our first contest. A comment contest, and in the theme of technology and nature.

It's the age of short attention spans, short comments and bringing technology everywhere we go. Personally, I love it. And this contest is to honour the mixture of city and wilderness. Cell phones and sunsets. Laptops and ladybugs. Take it however you wish, we want to see what you come up with so we're kind of leaving it open. All you need is nature, and two or more of the words above. Oh, and it has to fit into the span of a comment.

(Sorry it's short, but so are your stories!)

Rules

Must be under 18

One entry per person

Must be posted by 11:59 EST March 31, 2016 and after this contest was posted.

Can be fanfiction

Can be based on a true story

Can be completely original

Must be posted in a comment in the section below.

Must have two of the following words: hard drive, stapler, phone, car, billboard.

Top three stories will be mentioned in the "March 2016 - Prizes" section of this book as well as receive a shout out on our board.

Any questions can be directed to the comments below or just PM us.

Good Luck!

Brooke (cookie3770) and Beck (Beck717)

P.S. Let us know what you think of this idea, we're doing a few experimental contests and we need to know what you guys think

P.P.S. Be sure to check out our survey if you haven't already (we're trying to make the club the best that it can be) the link is on our profile. And follow our Tumblr if you have one, also in our profile.

P.P.S. "Well I hate to go all 2010 on you but Fireflies is a techy sounding nature song" - Beck, when asked for a nature-tech song. Major throwback, but hopefully will give you some inspiration.