Chapter Twelve: You're Killing Me

The next two weeks were a blast, we had hung out with old friends nearly every day and had a good time exploring Buffalo after being gone for the past three months. Taylor swore every time I asked him that he'd break up with Kayla that day when we got home, but he didn't have the guts to actually call her until it was nearly two weeks into our three-week trip.

"I'm calling her right now," he remarked as we got back home from dinner with my dad and a few of his friends.

"Really? You suddenly grow a pair?" I smirked as I took off my boots.

"Probably has something to do with the shots I did before we left," he laughed, "I'll be right back."

"Don't take too long," I smirked as he walked out of my room and out onto the balcony off my room.

I slipped out of my dinner clothes and into my flannel pajama shorts and his old sweatshirt before jumping onto my bed and trying to inconspicuously watch him as he talked to Kayla on the phone. He paced back and forth on the snow covered balcony, well he paced as much as you can on a ten by five foot balcony. I expected the call to be no more than two or three minutes long, but I soon found myself sitting there peering out the window for ten minutes before I saw him heave his chest and let out a heavy sigh before leaning against the railing.

After two or three minutes of contemplation, I decided crawled out of bed, put my slippers on, and joined him outside.

"You okay?" I asked as I stood next to him.

"Yeah," he replied, not making eye contact with me.

"You sure?" I replied.

"Just sick of the games," he said.

"What is it this time?" I sighed.

"She's trying to manipulate me," he sighed, "I'm pretty sure she's drunk right now. She was going on about how she has this video of me doing something that will get me kicked off the team and no pro team will ever want me and I'll get kicked out of the school and get arrested and some other bullshit.'

"Holy shit Taylor, what the hell is she talking about?" I exclaimed.

"I have no clue," he sighed, running his fingers through his hair, "I don't do illegal shit Tess, the only illegal thing I've done is drink underage."

"Then what the hell is she talking about?" I asked.

"I really think she's bluffing," he replied, "I told her I want proof. If she really has this video then she needs to send it to me because it doesn't exist."

"Good," I said, leaning my head on his arm, "She's a crazy bitch."

"Very crazy," he agreed.

"How about we go to bed and forget about her?" I suggested after a minute.

"That sounds better than standing out here in the cold," he said, a small smile creeping onto his face.

"I thought so," I smiled before we went back inside.

"Thanks for being here for me," he remarked after he changed his clothes and crawled into bed next to me, "Seriously, you've always been here for me no matter what and I really should thank you more."

"That's what friends are for," I said as he snugly wrapped his arm around me and I buried my head in his chest.

###

I was already almost dreading going back to school. I began to get used to having Taylor with me 24/7 back in Buffalo and not having to go to class or put up with Kayla's crazy ass. I tried not to get used to having him sleeping next to me every night but I couldn't help it. I wanted to sleep like that every night, I wanted to feel that comfort and security every night and I didn't give a shit what Whitney or anybody else thought about it. But the realist in me knew that that wasn't how it would all unfold. There would more than likely be a bunch of drama and fights and yelling matches before everything would work out the way I wanted it to.