Chapter Twenty-Eight: You Clean Up Nice

The next morning, I woke up with my hair a mess and my body sprawled out all over Taylor's bed, where he was sitting up against the wall where he had fallen asleep on his computer. His alarm on his phone was going off, so I figured it was about eight thirty, or around there because he had to get up and get to the team breakfast at nine.

"Taylor, Taylor," I said, poking at his side.

"What?" he asked, not even bothering to open his eyes.

"It's eight thirty," I replied.

"Shit," he remarked, opening his eyes and moving his laptop.

"How late were you up?" I asked.

"Two," he replied, rubbing his eyes, "Maybe three."

"Damn Tay, you have to play today, what the hell were you doing?" I asked.

"Trying to figure out how your mom got out and got here," he replied, "She got acquitted, but on certain terms that said she had to enter one of a number of treatment facilities around the country. She got a week in a halfway house in Buffalo to make up her mind and she chose Aladine and I think we both know why."

"I can't believe it," I remarked, shaking my head, "Why the hell does she want to be in my life all of the sudden?"

"I don't know babe," he sighed, wrapping his arm around my shoulders.

"You need to get going," I said after we had sat there for a few minutes.

"I know," he sighed, shutting his laptop and kissing me on the lips.

"Coach noticed the hickey on my neck yesterday," I laughed.

"Oops?" he grinned.

"You're such a dumbass," I laughed, playfully shoving him toward the wall.

"You love me anyway," he smirked, sneaking his hand to the back of my neck and firmly kissing my lips.

"Sometimes," I laughed between kisses.

"All the time," he grinned, his hands in my hair as our lips danced together and my lips trailed down to his neck.

"Maybe," I said, taking a quick breather.

"Ouch, damn Tess," he laughed, "That's going to leave a mark," he said in my ear, causing the hair on the back of my neck to stand straight up.

"I know," I smirked, kissing him on the cheek, "Better get ready loverboy, team breakfast is in five minutes."

"Damn it," he said, checking the time and jumping out of bed.

"Run fast," I laughed as he pulled on his track suit pants and jacket and slipped on his shoes.

"See you later," he said, quickly kissing me on the lips before running out the door.

###

Aladine won that afternoon 5-1 and Taylor had two assists. I was waiting out in the lobby for him afterward when I saw Kayla Lewis standing near the doors into the arena. Part of me wanted to lunge at her and claw her eyes out of their sockets but another part of me just wanted her to see Taylor and I together and ignoring her. Twenty minutes after the game, Taylor managed to get out of the locker room before everyone had cleared out of the lobby.

"Good game," I smiled as he walked over to me in the middle of the lobby.

"Thanks," he said, a smile across his face as he snaked his arm around my waist and pressed his lips firmly against mine.

"Damn," I laughed as he pulled away.

"See who's here?" he asked, a grin on his face.

"Yes I did and I assume you do too," I said, a smile on my face that matched his.