Chapter Twenty: Feeling Twice as Shitty as I Look

"Hey, Tess you busy?" Whitney asked that Friday night at around 11:30.

"No, it's 11:30 at night," I laughed, "And I can't go out because I have a game."

"Want to go see if we can get our hands on the security tapes?" she asked, "Robby's working."

"Let's go," I said, jumping out of bed and slipping on my boots.

"He said nobody's around so we can look through whatever we want," she said.

"Thank you so much Whit," I said as we walked out of our dorm hall and over to the Student Center where the Safety office was located.

"It was no biggie, I just-" she began to say as we walked across campus.

"I don't need to know," I said.

"It's nothing bad, I just met up with him and-" she replied.

"I don't care, I just need to get those tapes," I said.

"Alright then," she sighed as we walked into the student center.

"How can I help you?" a guy, who I assumed was Robby, remarked after Whit rang the bell.

"It's me," she replied, poking her head in the window.

"Oh hey," he said, looking up for his computer, "You here for the tapes?"

"Yeah," she said, "This is Tess."

"Hey Tess, Robby," he said, extending his hand, "Come on in."

"Thanks for your help," I said as we walked in the door to the side.

"No problem," he said, "Want to do it yourself?"

"Yeah," I said, pushing him aside and typing away on the computer.

"What date are you looking for?" he asked.

"November 13th at the gym at around 8:00 pm," I said, scrolling through the folders until I found the 13th of November, "Now to find the right angle."

"Where was it?" Robby asked.

"In the corner by the locker rooms," I replied.

"Camera 7," he said, pointing to the feed.

"Alright then," I said, fast forwarding through the footage until I found the right time, "This is the same feed Kayla had."

"Try 8," he said.

"There! I've got it. Mind if I take a screen-grab and put it on this flash-drive?" I asked.

"All yours," he said.

A few clicks later, I had taken a section of the video and uploaded it onto my flashdrive.

"Thank you," I said, taking my flash-drive from the computer.

"Well I'd say you owe me one but, uh, Whit already took care of that," he said.

"I don't need to know," I said, wincing, "You staying here Whit?"

"Yeah," she smirked.

"See you later," I said, walking out of the office.

My mind was racing as I walked back out of the student center and to my dorm room. It was finally going to be over and I could finally wipe that smug smirk off her bitch-face and finally have Taylor to myself again and hopefully, she'd get kicked off the team.

I put the USB drive in an old, small purse and put it under my mattress where nobody would look to find it. I didn't want to go to bed quite yet though, I couldn't help but wander out of my room and over to Taylor's, where I was praying that he was alone.